Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

90 Camry Charcoal Canister

labgvb
04-14-2006, 09:36 PM
Just recently my mother's Camry (2.5L v-6) decided to start knocking and making other horrible sounds. We have just recently run out of money to pour into this pile and so, I'm back to driving the truck and my mother is driving the Taurus. Also, because of the lack of funds, I have been given the honor, as an ammeter mechanic, to fix this thing. I have had a little experience with this thing, replacing an alternator, water pump, cv shaft, and lower intake manifold gasket. Either way, before I started pulling this thing apart again I ran into a hose line coming out of the bottom of the charcoal canister and after calling around I got no closer to finding out where to attach this line. Any help?

Thanks,
Glenn

By the way, do any of you know a place to get inexpensive parts for this car? The prices for the littlest things are rediculous

somick
04-15-2006, 12:44 PM
As far as I remember that hose is just an over flow. When you top off your fuel tank, that is where your extra gas goes.
As for the auto parts I usualy shop around. My favorite online store is www.rockauto.com (http://www.rockauto.com). I have a discount with them. I think it will run out on April 18. I will try to send you a code tonight when I get home.

Sam

typesix
04-15-2006, 01:15 PM
The line coming out of the bottom is just an atmospheric vent and does not connect to anything.

somick
04-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Here. I found the instrustions for the discount.

This email is just a reminder that your RockAuto
> discount code 375120351298 will expire on April 18,
> 2006. If you or anyone you know is thinking of
> doing some vehicle repair, now's the time to order
> the parts!
>
> To take advantage of your discount:
>
> - Please visit www.rockauto.com and put the parts
> you need in the Shopping Cart.
> - Use the following discount code:
>