Starting Problems - 1994 s10 Blazer

robert868
04-14-2006, 10:15 AM
1994 chevy s-10 blazer taho 4x4 : 4.3 v6 vortex : ok here we go, I have a problem and need help, I have a starting problem: was driving it one day, shut it off then about 1/2hr got back in, when I left went up a steep hill it sputtered then stalled, it will not start back up at all, it has spark and fuel pressure to the rail, but its not getting to the fuelinjector, I think, I talked to a couple of people they said it might be the spider assembly aka fuelinjector, so I replaced it and still wont start, it had to be replaced anyway cause I noticed a couple of the clips were broken off, guess last owner broke em off, anyway when I spray starter fluid in the throttlebody it will run for a few seconds then just die again and not start....Also just did a tuneup on it, cap,rotor,wires,plugs, any help would be great thanks

Robert

billibong
04-14-2006, 10:27 AM
When you replaced the spider assembly did you replace the regulator as well?? If not, that could be your problem.

robert868
04-14-2006, 10:48 AM
When you replaced the spider assembly did you replace the regulator as well?? If not, that could be your problem.

do u mean the fuel regulator and if so is that on the firewall? and thank for getting back to me so fast

billibong
04-14-2006, 11:05 AM
Look in the How To post at the top of the forum page and you will see a how to on replacing the spder assembly and fuel regulator. It is located in the same area as the spider assembly. It is a seperate part, though, and probably should have been replaced.
If you run a search on this subject you will find lots of posts for the 95 and prior vehicles - a common problem.
I have a 99, so had other issues with my truck - I don't have the same set up.

billibong
04-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Here is a link to the post
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=503238
Hope it helps.

robert868
thank you !

robert868
thank you !

MT-2500
04-14-2006, 11:12 AM
1994 chevy s-10 blazer taho 4x4 : 4.3 v6 vortex : ok here we go, I have a problem and need help, I have a starting problem: was driving it one day, shut it off then about 1/2hr got back in, when I left went up a steep hill it sputtered then stalled, it will not start back up at all, it has spark and fuel pressure to the rail, but its not getting to the fuelinjector, I think, I talked to a couple of people they said it might be the spider assembly aka fuelinjector, so I replaced it and still wont start, it had to be replaced anyway cause I noticed a couple of the clips were broken off, guess last owner broke em off, anyway when I spray starter fluid in the throttlebody it will run for a few seconds then just die again and not start....Also just did a tuneup on it, cap,rotor,wires,plugs, any help would be great thanks

Robert

You need to run a fuel pressure check on it.
Have you got fuel pressure if so how much?
Does the fuel pump run or can you hear it run on start or key on engine prime.?
MT

robert868
04-14-2006, 11:22 AM
yeah i have about 60psi and yes i can hear the fuelpump go on when i turn the switch also i replaced the whole spider assembly reg. and all tks for getting back to me so fast

robert868
04-14-2006, 11:24 AM
tks for the info on posting my bad isn't the reg included with the spider and if it is yes i did replace it as a whole unit tks

MT-2500
04-14-2006, 11:28 AM
yeah i have about 60psi and yes i can hear the fuelpump go on when i turn the switch also i replaced the whole spider assembly reg. and all tks for getting back to me so fast

OK If you have good fuel pressure.
Next thing to check for is injector pulse and 12 volt power to injector unit.
Also make sure you have good hot blue spark to all plugs.
MT

billibong
04-14-2006, 11:29 AM
tks for the info on posting my bad isn't the reg included with the spider and if it is yes i did replace it as a whole unit tks

It's okay to screw up every once in a while, I'm sure they'll let it slide...:wink:
I'm not sure whether the regulator is included inthe asembly, I thought it was seperate - but, like I said earlier I don't have that injector system.

BTW - Welcome to the Blazer Forum!! :cheers:

robert868
04-14-2006, 11:32 AM
it will run if i spray starter fluid in the throttle inlet and run good which leads to to think of a fuel problem what do u think?

robert868
04-14-2006, 11:33 AM
yeah lets hope they let it slide and yeah i remember damn truck is making me nuts ....lol tks

robert868
04-14-2006, 11:35 AM
spark to plugs is good now if you could how do i check for 12 volt power to injector unit any help would be great tks

MT-2500
04-14-2006, 12:43 PM
spark to plugs is good now if you could how do i check for 12 volt power to injector unit any help would be great tks

Key on eng off check for 12 volts power at the 2 wire injector wire plug going into the front of intake.
You can also check for injector pulse on the other wire there.
One wire should have 12 volts and the other should have injector pulse cranking.
lso get a ohm reading between the two wires running inside to make sure injector is getting connection.
And with a scanner you can check for RPM and injector pulse.
MT

robert868
04-14-2006, 01:03 PM
awsome will do ty for all your help going to do that now

robert868
04-14-2006, 02:12 PM
ok i'm back its getting 12V on the one wire but no pluse cranking on the other what do I do now?

MT-2500
04-14-2006, 03:08 PM
ok i'm back its getting 12V on the one wire but no pluse cranking on the other what do I do now?

What did you use to check for pulse?
Do you have a scanner to check computer data?
Does it have any codes set?
Is it still getting good spark?
MT

robert868
04-14-2006, 03:55 PM
i used the probe end of a sensor tester to check the 12V side and i don't think i can do the same with the pulse side can I ? yeah its still getting good spark it runs nice when i spray the starting fluid into the throat of the throttlebody i checked all the fuses and most of the wires

MT-2500
04-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Get a injector tester noid light to check for injector plulse.
The injector pulse is a modjulated ground pulse signal.
Ascvanner or a noid test light is needed to ckeck.
Have it got any codes in computer?
Does the injecter unit ohm out at plugin on intake?
MT

robert868
04-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Thanx for the help, i'm gonna pick up the tester that I need. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanx Again!

Add your comment to this topic!