Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Outlaw King of the Street Shootout

MartyWatson
04-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Come be a part of the tire smoking, nitrous purging, bumper dragging action at Red River Raceway (http://www.redriverraceway.net) in Shreveport LA! Saturday May 6 2006 We will be racing heads up in 5 classes; Outlaw Street, Outlaw 10.5, True 10.5, Pro Street, and True Street. $50 to race ($25 for True Street) $10 to spectate kids 12 and under FREE. For rules and more info please log onto www.ShreveportDragRacing.com (http://www.ShreveportDragRacing.com)

JekylandHyde
04-16-2006, 06:40 AM
I don't know how others feel, but as soon as I see someone log onto a message board to post ONCE to spam their event, it pretty much gaurantees I will not even consider it.

It could not be any more clear that you are only here to promote your organizaiton and lack a sincere intent in becoming part of our community.

Take our money, move on ... next please.

MartyWatson
04-16-2006, 08:18 AM
Whoa,,,,hold up a second, Mr. Hyde must have logged on for you. You are right that I am here to promote the race and invite all of you to be a part of our community as well. I'm not some big time race promoter that makes money on the races, quite the opposite this deal is costing me money ask my wife:rolleyes: . We are a group of racers that have organized these races for the racers. If you notced on our website that it is 100% payback of entries. We are not affiliated with the track or NHRA we are just racers inviting others to come race with us or watch some bumper dragging, heads up street car racing. Sorry if you assumed anything differant because now that I read my post it does sound like a radio commercial LOL.

JekylandHyde
04-16-2006, 09:07 AM
The May flyer claims "100% payback for the winners and runners-up" and indicates to check the site for "(please check website for payout updates)"
Where is that on the Site?

100% paybacks? Who is paying for the track?
If you are saying that 100% is given back to the racers, then as a racer I would think that amount would be $50 X entrants ($25 for the True Street).
If that is the case, who is paying for the track?

No where on that Site that I could find where it clearly indicates the payouts.

If this "Outlaw King of the Street Shootout" is legit, then why is not listed on the Red River Raceway's Web site calender?
http://www.redriverraceway.net/calendar.htm
It looks like just a normal bracket night to me.

You indicated that the track is not affiliated with your "event" and they obviously are not even acknowledging it on their schedule, so do they even know it is going on?

If I enter and I have conerns, who do I protest to? What are the protest rules and procedures? What sanctions are in place to ensure the racers do not get screwed?

MartyWatson - These first few of races it's going to be 100% payback
What happens after the first few races? ... then what?

Rergardless of the money issues, my point stands.
You are here to advertise - plain and simple.

MartyWatson
04-16-2006, 09:26 AM
We started organizing the race on March 4 2006 and our first race was April 1 2006 and 100% of the entry money was paid to the winners and runners up 75%-25%. Ken and Molly Hall own Red River Raceway and are letting us put on this race with no fees paid to them. Their Webmaster is a slow to update the site but the updated schedule should be there next week. Why don't you go to Red River Raceway's site and e-mail Molly Hall and ask if we're "ligit"?The updated payouts is because we are busy getting local sponsors to chip in for payout bonuses to the winners. How much depends on how many more sponsors we can hit up between now and then. We are hoping to get enough sponsors up to have a big race and payout 6 or more places starting at $2,000-$5,000 to win! If you have issues about the race program you can complain directly to me or Gary Medders, and we'll get it taken care of. We are just starting off and things may not look like an NHRA national event bacause it ain't.

Add your comment to this topic!