Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fastest CURRENT production car in the world

crayzayjay
07-14-2002, 07:19 AM
This post has sort of been brought over here from another forum.

Just to begin with, as far as im concerned, the fastest current production car in the world is the RUF R Turbo, if anyone has any proof stating otherwise please post your facts. And i repeat, 'cos some people didnt seem to understand, we are talking about CURRENT fastest production car, that means being made right now

Now to settle a few things

Originally posted by crxlvr
when we started this argument, the word currently was not in ur posts, so i stated my side of the fastest production car.
and even still the RUF is far from being the top with currently made production cars, go read a fucking magazine before you state some shit that you have no proof about.

Ok a-hole, get your reading glasses out and get ready to eat some humble pie

1. I refer you to my post made in the GT3 forum dated 01-13-2002 09:45 PM, where i wrote
Originally posted by crayzayjay
RUF currently makes the world's fastest production car, the R Turbo
so thank you very much, i did include the word currently in my posts, it would have saved us all a lot of trouble if you could read/understand the word

2. I did read a magazine thank you very much, i wouldnt claim something because i "felt like it"

EVO magazine, Jan 2002 (I know its July now but lets face it its taken you 6 months to understand what the word "currently" means".. anyway, i quote from this established, very well respected magazine in their car of the year edition:

"And then there's the RUF R Turbo, with its narrow 911 body, Lambo-baiting 520bhp and an independently verified top speed of 213 mph. It's currently the world's fastest production car, but is it the best to drive? It looks absolutely stunning, but if it wins, will that count as another bloody 911 victory?"

I repeat, crxlvr,
It's currently the world's fastest production car

Just what dont you understand? I did read a f*cking magazine. I based my fact on what i read from this magazine. Im not really very hopeful that you will face up to your mistake and admit you were wrong because one of the following 3 will have probably happened:

1. You still dont understand what the word "currently" means
2. You will try to discredit the magazine, after all who knows best a spotty 16 year old or a bunch of experienced motoring journos, right?
3. You are too proud to admit you were wrong

... all of which would be a great shame.

sorry to post this in front of everyone

cheers,
jay

Fliquer
07-14-2002, 12:53 PM
The TVR Cerbera Speed 12 has a top speed of 240mph (give or take).

crayzayjay
07-14-2002, 03:47 PM
I know they raced those, but did TVR actually make them in road form? I didnt think they'd got 'round to making them

Fliquer
07-14-2002, 08:46 PM
I know the made a Cerbera, I forget whether they made a speed 12 version.

But anyway, the B Engineering "Edonis" has a top sped of 224 (and i KNOW they make these) so the porsche isnt the fastest.

http://www.rapidcars.com/images/edonis.jpg

mrcvette
07-14-2002, 09:04 PM
does the Lingenfelter 427 TT count as a production car? it is made in a factory. 0-60 in 1.97sec, 1/4 mile in 9.24sec, and tops out around 240mph (I think I remembered these correctly). All of this for around $175k

Polygon
07-14-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by mrcvette
does the Lingenfelter 427 TT count as a production car? it is made in a factory. 0-60 in 1.97sec, 1/4 mile in 9.24sec, and tops out around 240mph (I think I remembered these correctly). All of this for around $175k

I have never heard of this magical car, please show us some proof, cause' I don't buy that.

YogsVR4
07-14-2002, 09:55 PM
You cant count the Lingenfelter as a production car. They upgrade cars but dont manufacture them.

The whole "production" thing is kinda vague. I really dont consider a car that has only a few dozen created as a "Production" car. If they aren't at least making them by the hundreds or better yet, thousands a year, then its a novelty car (albiet a damn expensive one)

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

mrcvette
07-14-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Polygon

I have never heard of this magical car, please show us some proof, cause' I don't buy that.

check out last months issue of motor trend, or the lingenfelter website. its a stock c5 vette, with the ls1 bored out to 427ci. new cams, heads, intake, exhaust, etc. and a couple of turbos putting out around 15 pounds of boost. this gives it 800+ hp...close to the 255mph Sledgehammer.

if the 427tt doesn't count because of production #s, the Edonis, Speed 12, and R turbo probably shouldn't count either. I don't know about their #s, but it probably isn't 100+ annually

Fliquer
07-14-2002, 11:58 PM
So would you not consider the Ferrari F50 a production car?

Hamann
07-15-2002, 05:42 AM
What about the Dauer 962 LM?
It is still in production and it goes over 400 km/h.

http://www.962lm.com/index-h.htm

YogsVR4
07-15-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Fliquer
So would you not consider the Ferrari F50 a production car?

I know the dictionary count anything as being assembled as being production. Thats to wide open for me. Someone in their garage can assemble the fastest car. So no, I dont consider the F50 to be a production car.

Unless this degrades into an arguement for symantics (formula one racing cars are "produced") I'd rather know what the fastest production car built on an assembly line is. This pretty much eliminates the hyper exotics and most exotic cars.

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

mrcvette
07-15-2002, 09:39 AM
I thought they made around 350 F50s...they aren't currently in production though

Polygon
07-15-2002, 10:31 AM
Well, I doubt they are or will be for long. The F60 is on its way in.

MercedesAMG
07-16-2002, 11:01 PM
The RUF turbo R is rated at 215mph but the Pagani Zonda C-12S at 220mph. So it's currently the fastest.

Fliquer
07-17-2002, 08:01 PM
Except the Edonis goes 224mph, which I already mentioned several replies ago...

I think not all, but MOST ppl here consider a production car to be a vehicle sold to the public that can be driven on public roads legally.

Hamann
07-18-2002, 09:31 AM
I'll say it again.

Originally posted by Hamann
What about the Dauer 962 LM?
It is still in production and it goes over 400 km/h.

http://www.962lm.com/index-h.htm

Pennzoil GT-R
07-18-2002, 05:19 PM
when did they start making the 962 again? Dont mean to put you down but the original 962 (the homologation car) halted production in 1994 after a production run of between 300 and 500 (cant remember the exact number made).

BTW the road going Speed 12 (yes there are road versions) has never been taken flat out, simply because no where in Britain is big enough, so noone really knows what it is capable of yet.

flylwsi
07-18-2002, 05:46 PM
there are no high speed test tracks in britain? they could take it to daytona or something... it can't be that hard...

back to the topic to keep everyone straight...

production means:

go into a showroom and buy it tomorrow new.

also... certain companies, like ruf and saleen are listed as manufacturers even though they do alot of aftermarket products etc... that is why some people consider lingenfelter...

but it's all about having the manufacturer's license...

Pennzoil GT-R
07-18-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by flylwsi
there are no high speed test tracks in britain? they could take it to daytona or something... it can't be that hard...

back to the topic to keep everyone straight...

production means:

go into a showroom and buy it tomorrow new.

also... certain companies, like ruf and saleen are listed as manufacturers even though they do alot of aftermarket products etc... that is why some people consider lingenfelter...

but it's all about having the manufacturer's license...

there are no tracks or runways big enough. They could take em to the US, but the owner of TVR isnt bothered, he knows the car is good and is in no rush to prove it, as everyone in Britain respects TVR enough anyway.

"Production" can also be set by the units sold, hence why the McLaren F1 is the fastest production car ever made, other cars like the 962 never made enough, so didnt get officially classed.

flylwsi
07-19-2002, 11:11 AM
works for me...

it seems like to be a production car, some people are thinking affordable, or "more than x amount made"

if it was sold by a car company, whether it's a one-off run, or whatever, like the porsche 962 that alain de cadenet drove in the SPEED show on porsches (only6) it's a production car...
geez...

it would be interesting to take one of those tvr's to a high speed track...
i'll send him an email and suggest it...;)

Tom_S8
07-19-2002, 11:27 AM
Why don't they take this Speed 12 to Nardo in Italy... I can even be the volunteer and drive it from GB to italy for free... Ok i even can buy gas for the trip from my own money :toothless ... Btw i don't really count RUF as an auto manufacturer... I know they have manufacturer's plate , but their cars are just ultra-tuned porsche 911 (or boxster recently) conversions , without porsche's technology they wont' do shit...

crayzayjay
09-01-2002, 01:58 PM
without porsche's technology they wont' do shit

come on... RUF rule and you know it. Theyve built some unbelievable cars and to suggest they're incompetent to the extent they cant do jack without porsche tech is ridiculous

Pennzoil GT-R
09-01-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Tom_S8
Ok i even can buy gas for the trip from my own money :toothless

i wouldnt do that. probably send you bankrupt! 800hp engine cant be too good on economy:(

Dented200sx
09-15-2002, 12:51 AM
OK peeps, just make it clear, the fastest world wide street legal production car is the McClaren F1, top speed 237+ mph and holder of almost every prodution car record thought of. my fav is 0-100-0 less the 11 secs, beat last record by almost 4 secs.

Nothing Ruf makes is a prodution car, they al start out as Porsche's Ruf is just like Shelby of ford or Callaway of Chevy, aftermarket!

street_racer_00
09-15-2002, 01:03 AM
true, but I believe we are talking about CURRENT production cars, they only made the McLaren F1 for one year, 1995. And I don't really have an answer to the question, since the term "production" has a very liberal interpretation by some people on here.

Porsche
09-15-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by street_racer_00
true, but I believe we are talking about CURRENT production cars, they only made the McLaren F1 for one year, 1995. And I don't really have an answer to the question, since the term "production" has a very liberal interpretation by some people on here.

Oh man, XOtech would shoot you if he saw that.

They made the Mclaren F1 form 1993-1998, a total run of 100 cars, 64 Road versions each capable of 240.1 mph with the rev limiter removed.

I don't understand how this can be so mis-interpreted, people CrazyJay made it QUITE clear that it is current production cars, not the F50, not the F1, not the G390, it is the R Turbo, RUF IS a manufacturer by law, I don't car if there cars look the same. This concept is not hard people.

Today is September 15th, 2002, any car produced before today does not count, so before you say F50 or Mclaren F1, read this and think about it.

LSs1Power
09-20-2002, 08:43 AM
Veyron 16/4 Quad Turbo 1000HP AWD 0-60 in almost 3sec flat 0-186MPH in 14sec and a top speed at over than 245MPH. Now that is a car i would love to have.

crayzayjay
09-25-2002, 09:30 PM
I don't understand how this can be so mis-interpreted, people CrazyJay made it QUITE clear that it is current production cars, not the F50, not the F1, not the G390, it is the R Turbo, RUF IS a manufacturer by law, I don't car if there cars look the same. This concept is not hard people.

thank you thank you thank you thank you im so glad someone else understood it! i had just about given up all hope :silly:

Add your comment to this topic!