Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Chevy Trailblazer

chevytb02
04-11-2006, 10:04 PM
I have a question, I hope someone can answer it. I wanna take out the factory radio, but I'm not sure how to do this. I was wonder does the peice around the radio just snap off, or are there some screws that I'm not seeing. The molding starts to come off around the radio, but when it gets up around the speed odomiter. It's kinda hard, I don't wanna snap anything off..so if some could me out I would appreciate it...thanks..

ScarabEpic22
04-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Sure, no problem.

You need to first remove the 2 7mm bolts from the lower kickpanel on the driver's side with a 7mm hex socket. Then, remove the main kickpanel with the 4 7mm bolts. Pull the main kickpanel away from you (held on with pushpins) and unscrew the 3 phillips screws. Then, tilt the steering wheel down and remove the 2 phillips screws in the instrument cluster area (they are above the cluster, feel around for them). Finally, remove the 1 phillips screw to the left of the cigarette/12V accessory ports. Then, carefully pull the molding off starting at the far left, unplugging the necessary parts to allow it to come off.

There you go!

Add your comment to this topic!