Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Starting Clutch Job, Any Pointers?....Please

73Rx2
04-10-2006, 03:25 AM
Just wondering if anybody had some advice to make this job go smoother. I finally got the cash to fix it and i want to tear it apart before I buy anything. The cheapest price I found on a Centerforce clutch kit was through Jegs at $387 everywhere else Ive found has been around $430. Id like to replace the master and slave cylinders while Im at it, anyone know where to get a deal? It also sounds like a good idea to replace the flywheel gasket from what Ive read online, true? And if I do that should I get new flywheel bolts?

Basically, Ive got about a week or so to get this done and I can only work on it after I get off work, so Im just trying to pry some know-how out of whoever has done this before and knows what it takes (any special tools?) Ive only taken the exhaust off so far, and tomorrow my dads gonna bring home some of his work tools so I can take off the CV joints. Can you flip the cv joints around? I was told that you could but I would rather not make things worse than they are I dont think Ill be able to afford any after the clutch and brakes...

Thanks for your time

Mitch

L8 APEKS
04-10-2006, 05:54 PM
rennlist.com

73Rx2
04-11-2006, 02:10 AM
Yeah I know rennlist, I get an e-mail everyday from their 944 forum, but, it has a fee to subscribe...is it worthe it? I hear theres discounts...

promotion951
06-30-2009, 09:13 PM
call dave at Promotion 305 542 1612 they rebuild 944s... too much info and fair on parts ..

ka0sx
07-05-2009, 11:05 PM
only thing that you really need that i remember being special is 8mm allen head with extension, and an 8 torx for the CV

The cv shafts look the same on either side, however i would put it back the same way as when you took it apart as parts such as these wear together with the torque being applied over time. just take a good look when you take the shaft off to see if it looks the same on both sides before you decide anything

FabricGATOR
10-26-2009, 02:21 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~side, however i would put it back the same way as when you took it apart as parts such as these wear together with the torque being applied over time.

I agree here.

FabricGATOR
10-26-2009, 02:25 AM
Didn't I buy some funky 12 point torx looking socket tool........................ I think Strap-on called it a triple square or something like that and its common on European.

Ih dunno.....

Add your comment to this topic!