Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

helpppp with stupid gold trim

94hondaacc
04-09-2006, 11:31 PM
hi , i recently purchased a car with the stupid gold lettering, the problem is that it is no longer gold, it has an ugly rust color, does anyone know if there is anything i can use to take off the gold trim and make it back to the original chrome. pleaseeee helpp as my accord looks horrible with the ugly badges thankssss!!

jeffcoslacker
04-10-2006, 05:42 AM
You mean take the emblems off and replace? Because there's no chrome under that gold. That IS the chrome.

You can use fishing line and drag it behind the embelms and trim to pull them off without damaging the paint, then replace them...

94hondaacc
04-10-2006, 08:34 AM
thanks i was kinda hoping there would be chrome underneath. thanks for the info. do you think there is anything i could use to make the gold nice again???

jeffcoslacker
04-10-2006, 08:40 AM
thanks i was kinda hoping there would be chrome underneath. thanks for the info. do you think there is anything i could use to make the gold nice again???

No, unless the rusty stuff you see is just a clear coat that's going bad over the gold...then you might be able to remove it, but I doubt it. Not easily anyway. And you'd have to remove them anyhow to do it.

There's nice cheap self adhesive Honda emblems at just about every chain parts store, you could just pull them off with fishing line like I said, remove any adhesive that sticks to the car with some WD-40 and a little work, then wash it, wipe it with alcohol and apply new ones...You have other trim that's bad (window moldings or others)?

Add your comment to this topic!