Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Air bag codes

BostonKev
04-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Hi All, I'm getting the impression that if you don't see corroded wiring or something obvious when you get an air bag code that you kind of need to take it to a dealer to get this issue resolved. Can anyone confirm this thought? I have a 97 PI that now has an airbag code 12. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

amo4387622
04-09-2006, 09:28 PM
According to the source I use a code 12 is Low Battery Voltage. This can be caused by corroded wires that connect to the sensors, Or there is a wire or more that has high resistants and all the voltage is not getting to where it needs to go. Also think about having you battery checked out.

BostonKev
04-09-2006, 10:10 PM
how coincidental, I just replaced the battery & alternator and repaired 2 corroded wires while inspecting the wires associated with the front crash sensors so that would make sense. Now how do you shut it off now if you feel confident you have corrected the issue?

amo4387622
04-10-2006, 09:48 PM
There is a cupple of ways to turn it off one is to disconnect the battery and wait 5+ minutes then reconnect, Or you can bring the car to autozone and have them turn it off with a scan tool. If none of that works you then have to bring the car to a dealer to shut it off. Or you have to live with the light on or try and pull the bulb behind the dash.

Add your comment to this topic!