Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Long time no talk

Capt.Moe
04-09-2006, 03:30 AM
So it's been a busy winter for me...
buddies FC was hit by a tractor, the motor went in it and a whole shwack of body damage done.

We are in the process of yanking motor and tranny, sending them to a place near us to get rebuilt.

He wants to know what all he'd have to do to an NA to get 300 at the wheels, I tell him it's damn near impossible?

So far he's wanting to buy a Supercharger Kit for it.
So if anyone has a good company that has FC Supercharger kits, please let me know.
Also he's a bit weary on the fact that NA will not hold up to the power on the Drivetrain end of things.

Any suggestions?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

As for me and my FC, I've the parts car stripped right down. If you need parts from an 88NA FC, let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do. Motor was cooked in the car so I assume it's hooped, along with the Transmission, as for the rest of the parts they should all still work.

My project is up on jackstands, still trying to find all the TII Driveline parts for it, so I am not too happy about that.. But such is life.

I've also picked my self up a little truck.... it's a 1977 Short Box reg Cab F150 with a 351M, Rollin' on 33's. 4" suspension lift in it currently. Getting a 3 inch body lift then stuffing 37's under her. Along with making a flat bed for it, and a mad ass bush bumper.

Anyone know of a good solid wood that I can use on the bed? I don't want Pine or anything like that as it doesn't hold to a beating very well.

Thanks.

Morgan

fb33112arx7
04-09-2006, 03:36 AM
Tamarak, I used to build log homes and while it's still pine it's like the hardest pine available. It also has a really nice reddish color that comes out well when covered in linseed oil or a clear stain. It's like a hard wood for less money and you won't have to freak out when your friend gets a little gouge in it.

Capt.Moe
04-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Tamarak, I used to build log homes and while it's still pine it's like the hardest pine available. It also has a really nice reddish color that comes out well when covered in linseed oil or a clear stain. It's like a hard wood for less money and you won't have to freak out when your friend gets a little gouge in it.

Awesome thanks for that I'll look into it...

FDTT
04-10-2006, 01:11 AM
300whp NA LMAO not on a streetable car thats for dam sure.

Tell your buddie that he is much smarter to do a TII swap and its cheaper as well. 300WHP through the weaksauce NA tranny and drivetrain, not to mention thats just plain stupid......unless were talking 20B :D

Capt.Moe
04-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Yeha I know... Lol...[ couldnt help but laugh, told him 200's about most he'l get... and hopefully he doesn't lose his drivetrain to it... lol

Add your comment to this topic!