Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Toronado's need a forum!

seahorse
04-08-2006, 10:33 PM
I know they're not made and they haven't been for a long time... but man I loved my old "beast".
My first and still favorite car was a black '79 Toronado with a 5.7 diesel... between that engine and the front wheel drive I could go through just about anything. My grandpa raised me and he owned his own trucking company so I grew up with and sometimes working on diesels. That old car of mine had well over 200,000 miles on it, but she got tired and was rusting apart. Fear of falling off was the only thing holding the back bumper on!!! :grinyes:
I just wanted to pay tribute to that great car and see if anyone else loves them as much as me. My dream is for a car manufacturer to bring those things back, same body style and weight, and not made out of plastic so that I can plow through the snow drifts like the good ol' days... my plastic Pontiac has been a great reliable car, but you can't plow into a drift with it! :grinno: Wish I had a pic to share, but I could find one if requested... see ya!

BNaylor
06-21-2006, 03:00 PM
This is a little late but we are in the process of reorganizing forums and adding missing car models. I have requested the addition of a Toronado/Trofeo subforum based on your request. Just bear with us.

twospirits
07-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Ask and you shall recieve. :icon16:

TS

Add your comment to this topic!