Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Taillight bulb replacement

pepsiinvestor
04-07-2006, 01:51 AM
I have a 97 Riv and need to replace the middle right rear bulb. How do I go about doing this?

96riviera18
04-07-2006, 12:59 PM
the back up light or the one on top behind the glass? if its the one on top all you do is get in the trunk on your back, pull out the 2 pins that hold a plastic sheet in place and reach up in the hole to remove the bulb.(there are 2 in there and sometimes they are not burnt just loose b/c they dont screw in, just twist. if its a tail light or back-up light then you have to unscrew the plastic part around the trunk latch and get the bulb out that way.

sprucegoose
04-08-2006, 05:22 PM
I have a 97 Riv and need to replace the middle right rear bulb. How do I go about doing this?

I just did this a couple weeks back. You have to pull the entire tailight panel off to expose the sockets that are on the back side of it. There are about ten plastic wing-nut type fasteners that hold the panel in place, and I believe a couple of phillips screws along the top edge of the trunk opening. There first ones are holding the trunk lining up, and the rest are behind that. It may take a little tapping on the the bolts that stick thru the trunk to get it loose once you removed all the fasteners. Take your time and don't force it!

Add your comment to this topic!