Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

please help 86 rx7

Plusdaddy
04-06-2006, 03:07 PM
ok can any one help...ok to start my 86 rx7 (non turbo) i have to turn the key and let it turn for a lil then stop then do it like 3 or for more times them it will turb on but wont idle i have to keep it idle till it warms up the it sometimes gor from like 3000 rpm to like its going to stall or die out then it goes right back up and keeps doing that ..some one told me it was the idle control sencore orthe thing that controles the air flow...also when i drive the car and let off the clutch..let say going down a hill it will just shut off ..no starting to stall.. just off .....does any one know please let me know thanks alot

Dick Wolf
04-06-2006, 10:50 PM
nice grammar

endeffect0
04-07-2006, 01:15 AM
First off Dick, is the whole reason you posted in form just to bash on someone? What a waste of time and life. Also you’re busting on grammar and you didn’t capitalize, punctuate or even bother with a sentence.

Ok now to the real issue, I have a 88 rx7 na and I had similar problems with mine. The previous owner lost interest and it sat for a long time before I bought it. It had trouble idling and if you didn’t baby sit it during the warm up it would stall. Also while engine breaking it would kick and sputter if you didn’t keep you foot resting on the throttle. I ran a few bottles of injector cleaner through it and replaced the spark plugs. That cleared most of the problem up but it still misbehaved erratically until I replaced the vacuum hoses and installed a grounding kit. Good luck!

drftk1d
04-10-2006, 12:20 PM
yeah if those dont work try flushing the motor with hot water thru a vaccum hose or lubing the seals with mmo/atf

Add your comment to this topic!