Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

access cab rear seat wanted

audioman81
04-05-2006, 02:07 PM
I am looking to buy a used rear bench seat for my access cab 05 tundra. I would like one in the worst shape possible because it will be torn up and reworked to be much flatter than stock and re-padded and re-upholstered. the stock ones are way too thick the way they are for any adult to sit back there comfortably without moving the front seats all the way forward and having the front passangers and rear passangers crunched in. I just removed the rear seats so i could haul some stuff last weekend and i was in awe on how much more room there is back there. my goal is to cut and weld new metal to the seat frames to make them flatter and get rid of all the wasted space behind them as well as all the extra padding. they may not be the most comfy seats when im done, but atleast the passangers wont be as cramped or i'll have more room for groceries and other stuff.
I have searched tundrasolutions, all over the net as well as calling all the local salvage yards and none of them stock seats. does anybody have one they would sell or have any idea where i can get one?
thanks,
Ryan

audioman81
04-06-2006, 02:35 PM
also is anybody here a member of any other tundra forums?
if you could post a want ad on there for me with my email or something that would be awesome.
I'll paypal you some cash for hooking me up if i end up getting one with your help.
thanks,
Ryan
audioman81@yahoo.com

I AM Canadian
04-29-2007, 09:28 PM
I am looking to buy a used rear bench seat for my access cab 05 tundra. I would like one in the worst shape possible because it will be torn up and reworked to be much flatter than stock and re-padded and re-upholstered. the stock ones are way too thick the way they are for any adult to sit back there comfortably without moving the front seats all the way forward and having the front passangers and rear passangers crunched in. I just removed the rear seats so i could haul some stuff last weekend and i was in awe on how much more room there is back there. my goal is to cut and weld new metal to the seat frames to make them flatter and get rid of all the wasted space behind them as well as all the extra padding. they may not be the most comfy seats when im done, but atleast the passangers wont be as cramped or i'll have more room for groceries and other stuff.
I have searched tundrasolutions, all over the net as well as calling all the local salvage yards and none of them stock seats. does anybody have one they would sell or have any idea where i can get one?
thanks,
Ryan

There's a guy on Tundrasolutions who just pulled out his rear seat.

The guy's handle is jefemente. The thread is called What to do with the backseat...

Check how he did his first, you might like it, and he might be willing to sell you his seat.

Add your comment to this topic!