Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What are common problems do you CV/CVPI owners have with your cars?

guchiew
04-05-2006, 01:04 AM
I want to buy one. I hear that idle and stalling problems are common. Should I look for rust in anywhere specific? Any other problems that I should look for when looking at my next CVPI?

cobradude360
04-05-2006, 08:26 AM
rust on the top wheelwells on the front fenders, iac valve is a comon prob other then that there a sound car i love mine

guchiew
04-05-2006, 05:15 PM
I hear a lot about wierd noises (squeeking) in the dash and the rear seats. What are the common causes of these squeeks? How common are they?

Trickx
04-11-2006, 08:59 AM
squeeks and noises are problems b/c of all the stuff that has been added and takend out... another problem is wiring all of its different...any PI you look at is gonna have extra wires and weird wiring... a problem ive seen with my friends PI's is our rear main seals leak...but we all drive older ones so its common...(and yes i have about 6 friends who own PI's all 93-96)

radioman2002
04-14-2006, 03:27 PM
I have had or have about 6 1996 to 1999 CVPI's. Other than problems introduced by the agencies I bought from ( blown motors due to poor octane gas, swapping out bad parts like COP's have had 6 so far) My problems have been, rear end main bearing, 2 cars with oil cooler lines leaking or actually blown out, 2 with parking brakes rusted to the point that they either don't work or get stuck parked, one hung up front brake caliper, on the pre 98 cars 2 with rusted out brake lines, one bad AIC valve. Now as far as maintence items, just brakes, ball joints and tie rod ends. All in all a very reliable car. One made it almost to 200k, when the oil line blew, and took out the motor.

Add your comment to this topic!