Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

LeSabre 1999 Problems

SephyKid
04-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Hello,
I am having quite a strange problem with my Buick. The problem itself seems to stem from something dealing with the mass air flow sensor. The check engine light came on and read a code P0102 - MAF or VAF Low Input Voltage. Being told that this meant the MAF was bad (By the dealer) I replaced the sensor myself. However the problem remained, so I had it replaced again in hopes I received a defective sensor. No help. The car check engine light goes on and off as it pleases, and will often stall, especially during braking or hard turning (On and off ramps).

A few notes about the car:
The spark plugs and wires were recently changed
The ignition coil was recently changed
The air filter, fuel filter, and transmission fluid filters were all changed
The transmission fluid and coolant were recently flushed
Oil was recently changed
All fluids are at safe levels
The battery and alternator were both tested and found to be fine
The serpentine belt was recently replaced
Vacuum hoses and wiring harnesses were checked for problems - none visible
A wire going to the fuel injectors was up against a fuel line and arcing - since been taped and pulled away
Car has 101301 miles on it

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem if not the MAF? And if you need more info., let me know!

Thanks,
Tim

jonsonton
04-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Well first off, I would check for vacuum leaks, especially coming from the MAF to the throttle body. Then check for you power and ground. I'm not sure what colors are which, but one wire should be a ground, one a 5 volt ref sig, and the other is the signal wire.

Add your comment to this topic!