Looking for a CA street legal turbo setup for a D16y8

ColdFyre
04-04-2006, 03:16 AM
Hey yall, I have a 2000 Civic EX and have considered doing a motor swap but I don't want to deal with the problems that can come with it and have begun looking into going with a turbo setup. I have asked around and everyone says that to get the most power for your money, build your own setup, the only problem is I am in CA and this car is going to stay my daily driver. I need a street legal turbo setup that I cant get in trouble for in CA. I have so far only found the Edelbrock PerformerX kit.

Are there any other kits that come with an EO number that anyone knows of? Also, once I get the turbo setup, I want to get a catback exhaust and I was wondering if there is anything I should look into (I also want this to be a street legal setup)

Thanks for the help guys :)

Smoghog
04-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Hey yall, I have a 2000 Civic EX and have considered doing a motor swap but I don't want to deal with the problems that can come with it and have begun looking into going with a turbo setup. I have asked around and everyone says that to get the most power for your money, build your own setup, the only problem is I am in CA and this car is going to stay my daily driver. I need a street legal turbo setup that I cant get in trouble for in CA. I have so far only found the Edelbrock PerformerX kit.

Are there any other kits that come with an EO number that anyone knows of? Also, once I get the turbo setup, I want to get a catback exhaust and I was wondering if there is anything I should look into (I also want this to be a street legal setup)

Thanks for the help guys :)

Looking at the carb site there is Edelbrock, Greddy, and HKS that uses the Garrett Turbo

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php

As far as catback's, all are legal. We only check for a cat.

SH

ColdFyre
04-04-2006, 07:32 PM
wow, thanks for the awesome link, been looking for something like that.

Airdale Mech.950
04-15-2006, 12:16 AM
I have a full turbonetics kit for sell I live in S.D. just holler at me on myspace or my email Justin.Kramer@cvn68.navy.mil

Add your comment to this topic!