Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 CVPI ABS & Airbag lights

BostonKev
04-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Hi everyone, I just bought another auction car and this one only has 70k. Unfortunately the ABS and the airbag lights are on. Since i get the airbag code 41 on this one (as well as my other 97), I am told (by Way too old) that it's related to the front crash sensor. I've inspected the connections to both front modules and see nothing obvious. Is there an easy way to narrow down where the break might be?

Secondly, is there something fairly obvious to check (other than the fuse) when the ABS light is on also?

I appreciate your help.

Stevo2
04-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Hi everyone, I just bought another auction car and this one only has 70k. Unfortunately the ABS and the airbag lights are on. Since i get the airbag code 41 on this one (as well as my other 97), I am told (by Way too old) that it's related to the front crash sensor. I've inspected the connections to both front modules and see nothing obvious. Is there an easy way to narrow down where the break might be?

Secondly, is there something fairly obvious to check (other than the fuse) when the ABS light is on also?

I appreciate your help.

B1941: RH Primary Crash Sensor Feed/Return Circuit Open
I would recommend getting a 1 year subscription to www.alldatadiy.com for this problem and then you can follow the diagnostics. There are tests there that you can do with a VOM.:2cents:

BostonKev
04-04-2006, 02:04 PM
anyone else?

BostonKev
04-05-2006, 08:48 PM
I surfed around troublecodes.net but is there a source for Ford airbag codes and such since I seem to be running into them so frequently?

hardparts
04-10-2006, 10:41 PM
41 Crash Sensor Circuit - High Resistance or Open
B1941 Air Bag Crash Sensor #1 Feed/Return Circuit Open

and if you need any codes, I have them all listed on my site.
body, chassis, and power train.

BostonKev
04-11-2006, 09:58 PM
site looks nice. I appreciate the info. thank you

hardparts
04-11-2006, 10:06 PM
im here to help

Add your comment to this topic!