Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where Are All The AOS Rims.....??......

mike united
04-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Sorry for wasting space but....am i the only one or is anyone else here wondering what Aoshima are up to on the rim front. They dont seem to be releasing or re-releasing anything anymore. I dont understand it, dont they want to make cash..? I mean just to mention the Bersaglios :licka: or the LXZ's :naughty: , re-releases of these rims alone would surely sell like hot cakes. I for one would buy 5 sets of each........:grinyes:
Any inside info would be greatly appreciated, Mike.........

mike united
04-03-2006, 11:52 AM
So i am the only one missing all the rims :uhoh: ......!!!
Must stop being so obsessed.......

teamanila
04-03-2006, 04:23 PM
i miss then too, but i don't have any infos or reasons behind this. sorry.

tonioseven
04-03-2006, 04:31 PM
I've been wondering the same thing; I'm just glad I stocked up when I could!:evillol: If I hear anything, I'll holler out to you!:grinyes: :sunglasse

exhaust smoke
04-03-2006, 05:51 PM
IMO, Aoshima are quite clinically mad :screwy:

They made some of the best wheel/tyre sets on the market, but they only seem to be limited edition releases. I guess they really don't like cash!

willimo
04-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Especially those stretchwall sets. They went through all the trouble of tooling those up, then they drop them; it's hard to find the kits with those wheels now, even. What gives?

teamanila
04-03-2006, 10:01 PM
could it be a licensing issue? the manufacturers are limiting aoshima to use their name for a certain period of time. or they are asking so much royalties from aoshima, that aoshima can only produce them for a short time. just a theory.

7th_skyline
04-03-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm just glad I stocked up when I could!:evillol:

hehe +1 :evillol:

I got a few stretchwall sets while they were available and two of the car kits with them, so I'm stocked up...

But it makes no sense. They keep repop-ing those horrible "works" wheel sets , as in the old school wheels with the huge tall profile sidewall tyres, yet make bugger-all of the stretchwall sets.
Not to mention since they're tooled it would make sense to use the tooling!

Perhaps their wheel manufacturing facility (or plating facility most likely) is only setup for a limited amount at a time, and may not be able to keep up with any more varieties at any one point in time?

mike united
04-04-2006, 01:23 AM
Thanks guys.........
There is one thing iv'e learnt here, next time STOCK UP WELL :evillol:

malsheem
04-04-2006, 08:01 AM
"Wait a few months. "

I posed your question to the hobby shop owner I get my wheels from and that was his answer. Aoshima will make lots of announcements leading up to the fall hobbyshow about new releases in a few months. I'm sure we could have figured that out on our own. He has no news of any new or reissues of wheels.

We know their wheels go fast and re-issues are scarce, so this should teach us to strike fast and hard. Though one could argue the sensibility of having more wheels than kits.:)

Also, many of the stretchwall sets are still available. I think the 1400 yen price point dulled some of the enthusiasm. The Longchamps and Sakuras, the most popular of the entire series, are all but gone.

tonioseven
04-04-2006, 08:35 AM
"Wait a few months. "
one could argue the sensibility of having more wheels than kits.:)

I see no sensibility in it but I'll argue for it anyway!:rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :uhoh:

hirofkd
04-04-2006, 09:27 AM
My guess is that it's about simple economics of supply and demand. Just because online stores don't have a certain item in stock, doesn't necessarily mean all Japanese retailers or distributors don't have it either. When I lived in Japan , I rarely had a problem finding what HLJ called "discontinued." So I think well-stocked stores in Japan probably still have those wheels in stock, and don't demand the manufacturer another production run.

willimo
04-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Well those Japanese hobby stores should sell all their NOS to the online stores so that those of us across the pond could pick them up. That'd move some product.

This is just further evidence of the need for a good distribution network for Aoshima and Fujimi in the States and Europe.

malsheem
04-26-2006, 02:09 AM
If anyone is interested, there was a limited re-release of some VIP and S-Part wheels earlier this month.

BBS RG
BBS RS II
BBS DTM
RS Watanabe
Gartmaier
Intowner
and some others.

Nothing that interesting; no 19's or anything. Just thought I'd share.

tonioseven
04-26-2006, 04:39 PM
Coolness; I could dig another set of the DTMs.:sunglasse

Add your comment to this topic!