Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

91 Accord SE idles fine when cold cuts out when warm. HELP

lowgeo
04-02-2006, 04:58 PM
It started doing this a few months ago so i parked it for the winter hoping it would fix itself haha. it seems to idle just fine when the motor is cold but when it starts to warm up it hesitates and loses power but it does not do it all the time it comes and goes almost like flipping a switch on and off. i replaced the speed sensor and the fuel filter within the last year. please contact me if you have more questions. thanx

vicchang
04-04-2006, 09:46 AM
It started doing this a few months ago so i parked it for the winter hoping it would fix itself haha. it seems to idle just fine when the motor is cold but when it starts to warm up it hesitates and loses power but it does not do it all the time it comes and goes almost like flipping a switch on and off. i replaced the speed sensor and the fuel filter within the last year. please contact me if you have more questions. thanx

It could be the EGR valve.

skybee
04-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Afriend just brought the same car and its having the same problem too... but i mostly suspect it is ignition related.If you let the car idle till it warms up , it will start cutting out , but does not die. I suspect either the igniter or the coil in the distributor being faulty..

Add your comment to this topic!