I discovered you can wax your glass windows!

RightWingZionist
03-31-2006, 09:05 PM
I was waxing my car today with Turtle Wax liquid Carnauba paste and some dropped on my driver side window. I tried to get it off put it just spread so I'm like what the hell and I waxed the window after I washed the car of course. The wax was able to get even more dirt off the glass the wash didn't clean. I waxed the window and buffed it and it is really smooth and feels thicker than Rain-X. I did all the windows and poured water on the windshield and tested the wipers; It works great! The wipers don't chatter either like they did with Rain-X, and the water beads the same.
It will rain tomarrow so I can do more testing/investigation. My guess though is it lasts much longer than Rain-X. And you get some UV protection.

Try it out.

Ultrashock
04-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Good discovery....... I have never used rain-x I always wax my windows. People always ask me if I have rain-x and im like hell no I waxed them. It really works great because it lasts for many months. If your not careful you can get wax buildup on your windows if you do it too much and it makes little spots all over your windows.

BlueFusion6851
04-02-2006, 10:28 PM
I wax the taillights and headlights on my car, haven't heard of the window thing, I will have to try that once it warms up a little more.

Integra4200
04-07-2006, 01:46 AM
2 weeks ago i polished and waxed my jeep. my dad told me about waxing the windows... works great.

bsmithey011
05-07-2006, 07:09 PM
That sounds like a really great novel idea to wax the glass. It doesn't make the vision cloudy or unsafe? I will definitely try it then.

Brad

*Link removed by moderator".

JLad10687
05-21-2006, 02:08 AM
That sounds like a really great novel idea to wax the glass. It doesn't make the vision cloudy or unsafe? I will definitely try it then.

Brad

MDwholesale.com (http://www.mdwholesale.com) - the best in headlight cleaning and restoration.

If you dont buff it out enough, it will leave massive glares when you're driving.

blindeyed
05-21-2006, 02:46 AM
I've always been waxing my windows. Pretty much discoverd the idea the same way you did. Works just as good, if not better, than Rain-X. I've never even had to use my windshield wipers when I've got my windows waxed. But as JLad10687 mentioned, you've got to make sure you buff it in real good otherwise driving at night will be impossible due to all the streaks. It helps out alot if you use an electric buffer. It doesn't even have to be a good one, I use a $20 one from wal-mart that works like a charm.

bsmithey011
06-10-2006, 10:56 PM
I tried it and it works great. I then compared wax and sealant. The waxed windows came out great and make no noise with the windshield wipers - awesome. The sealant windows had smears that wouldn't come out. They just seemed to get moved around like tar on paint. It also made the vision murky. Wax is definitely a great window treatment.

Brad

www.bestbraindrain.com (http://www.bestbraindrain.com) - Super hot website everyone needs to see- sex, pot, acne, George Bush, automotive stuff - it has it all!

RightWingZionist
06-11-2006, 03:00 AM
Also, try not to park under trees. You not only get bird shit, you get dirt, leaves, and sugary shit from the trees that eat the rainx or wax.
Another trick (well not really), use only tap water (or Poland Spring if you get thirsty in the middle or the desert :icon16: ); this wont eat whatever treatment you put on the windshield and you can show off the beading effect to your star warz buddies by tapping the lever if you can (to not initiate the wiping) and see the water roll if you have nothing better do to.

P.S Anyone try silicone oil? I had some silicone grease from my old r/c truck kit (when i was a kid OK) and tried that shit...it caused some fogging but made my shizzle smooth 'n' noiseless. Different kinds of silicone oil?

hpaddict
08-03-2006, 01:46 AM
Somewhat related question...do you guys think it would work to use a scratch/swirl remover on headlights (plastics)? I have some very light scuffs on my headlights (caused by the body shop accidentally getting rubbing compound on the headlights while using it on the rest of the body) and I was wondering if one of a good scratch/swirl remover works on plastic as well....

alkemist
08-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Somewhat related question...do you guys think it would work to use a scratch/swirl remover on headlights (plastics)? I have some very light scuffs on my headlights (caused by the body shop accidentally getting rubbing compound on the headlights while using it on the rest of the body) and I was wondering if one of a good scratch/swirl remover works on plastic as well....

Yes a number of people wax their lights.

bethanyhamiltons
02-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Im trying to decide on which Unauthorised link and pic removed by moderator will work well for acne. Open to any advice . beth:)

Gojirr
04-16-2010, 04:35 AM
Some of the thinner quick drying wax works very good on glass

postie1
10-12-2010, 01:37 PM
I am looking for a good wax, i used autoglym hd wax, i found a site with loads of car information on great site have a look. It shows how to use clay bar, and the difference between polish & wax,good information.
www.valetingcars.com (http://www.valetingcars.com)

Add your comment to this topic!