Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Lights wont turn off!!!!

KingKong
07-10-2002, 02:41 PM
I just wired some lights into a 10A fuse via a tap and a quick-disconnect for the wire onto the tap... only problem is.. the lights wont turn off.

engine off.. doors closed.. key gone.. headlights off, etc etc. the lights are still on!

i tried tapping the other side of the fuse (the other prong) incase i had hit the hot side, but both sides do it.. then i tried another fuse of 10A and got the same results. What do i do?

thanks in advance,
Carlos

kicker1_solo
07-10-2002, 04:31 PM
Install an on/off switch inside the car. So when you want them on, flip it on, off...flip it off.

Cyprus106
09-30-2002, 09:16 PM
You probably ran the wires straight to the battery without a switch or break. Of course it will always stay on. The battery doesn't ever turn off, so if you put something straight to the battery, it will just keep giving you juice until it runs out.

Try this: cut the wire. Now it turns off. Stick the wire back together. Now it turns back on! Same theory with a simple switch you get from Radio Shack. Put one side of the wire to one tong of the switch and the other to the other and then flip the switch, it turns on then off. It's pretty simple.

RoBoDEATH
01-12-2003, 08:52 PM
you could also take a volt meter and poke around with the car on, then turn the car off and poke it again, if it's on with the car and off with the car then that would make the light go off with the car

bigbadwolf428
04-18-2004, 03:51 PM
I honeslty hope that you didnt wire something directly to the battery with no switch and expect it to turn off, anyway you can get a switch at any auto parts store, some with cool led lights in the switch itself which will allow you to turn them off and maybe add a little something inside your car as well

snowman2005
04-18-2004, 07:15 PM
this thread is so old its not even funny

bigbadwolf428
04-19-2004, 02:09 PM
lol

Add your comment to this topic!