Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 Cmry Remote Starter Help.

stopmenot2002
03-30-2006, 10:51 PM
I've just installed a 2-way alarm remote starter for my 98 camry automatic, the alarm works fine but the remote starter doesn't. When I start the engine with my remote, its start (crank) like you would with a key for 1-2 second then the control box (alarm) relay kick out to shut off the engine, it would stay on. * Do I need the (Tranponder Bypass Kit ) or the hand brake to be conected? if so to neg(-) or pos(+) lead. the alarm I bought doesn't have the Tachometer instead it has the oil preesure/alternator sensing. Start up, control box relay cut off (i can hear relay cut off). Any input is appreciated, thankx Guys.

stopmenot2002
04-14-2006, 01:26 AM
I've just installed a 2-way alarm remote starter for my 98 camry automatic, the alarm works fine but the remote starter doesn't. When I start the engine with my remote, its start (crank) like you would with a key for 1-2 second then the control box (alarm) relay kick out to shut off the engine, it would stay on. * Do I need the (Tranponder Bypass Kit ) or the hand brake to be conected? if so to neg(-) or pos(+) lead. the alarm I bought doesn't have the Tachometer instead it has the oil preesure/alternator sensing. Start up, control box relay cut off (i can hear relay cut off). Any input is appreciated, thankx Guys. YOU GUYS DONT HAVE A CLUE HUH, TOO BAD>

Add your comment to this topic!