Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Question on what I should do

HoNdaGrl03
07-10-2002, 01:26 AM
Hey, I was wandering what I can do to boost performance in my 96 Honda Accord EX VTEC. I have only had it for a lil over 2 weeks now. It has a AEM Cold Air Intake, thats it. I've ordered some other stuff for it, for looks, but not sure on what I should get for more power. I want to change exhaust, what would some1 recomend? So if anyone has any ideas on what I can do please tell me, thanks so much yall~!

:flash: ~Jennah:flash:

Tx685
07-10-2002, 01:42 AM
For the exhaust get a Greddy Evo.

StageOneGalant
07-10-2002, 10:38 AM
Headers/Chip/kat back exhaust/TURBO ( VROOM!!!!!)

u can do anything u want to u're HONDA> parts are so common for u're type of car. jus choose smartly.

HoNdaGrl03
07-10-2002, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the ideas yall. Does anyone know somthing that is not extremely expensive but will give me more HP. That may sound stpid but i'm workin with what I'm getting here. Thanks so much

~Jennah:alien:

StageOneGalant
07-10-2002, 12:04 PM
it all depends on how much u wanna spend? and how fast u wanna go.. more speed more money... simple.. give us some stats on how u wanna run. and we'll let u know to the best of our knowledge..how much it should cost... thanxs:flash:

HoNdaGrl03
07-10-2002, 09:20 PM
Ok, well, I guess I was rather vague before. I don't have anything set in stone right now as far as money or whatever, Anything around $200 or less? Later I will do more, but I was just trying to see if there was somthing I could do now that would help boost it up a little. My boyfriend is into Mustangs and Fords so that doesn't help me out very much! hehe.. Or if anyone has any ideas please let me know, thanks~! :alien:

~Jennah

tenguzero
07-11-2002, 01:29 AM
$200? That'll get you a nice set of Euro style Altezza taillights, 15, maybe 20 horses? :D Seriously though, best gains, least money? Go with a Cold Air Intake, most people rave about AEM's system. You should be able to get one for maybe a little over $200.

b16a3sol
07-11-2002, 04:02 AM
getting an intake would be an excellent idea if she hadnt already done that. $200 will almost get you that exhaust, or if this is money to be spent after the exhaust, then get some headers. that way the i/h/e package will be complete and you can move up a step from bolt-ons. the only problem will finishing i/h/e, is that every part after it gets more and more expensive. if you feel like getting into thousands of dollars spent on your motor, then you can go fast. otherwise i suggest just keeping the i/h/e setup and working on looks like you said before. if worse comes to worse, though, nos is always an option.

HoNdaGrl03
07-11-2002, 11:12 AM
;) Thanks yall, keep em coming,, hehe.. I already got a AEM CAI on it. So that is out of the way. I ordered my lights and keep tracking hte shipment...lol.. and yes I know they dont boost performance, I'm not stupid!haha.. Thanks again yall

~Jennah

tenguzero
07-11-2002, 01:33 PM
Doh!! Sorry, didn't see that you already had the CAI. I'm not at my sharpest at 3 in the morning, so :flipa:

By the way, how do those CAI's work with 5th gen accords anyways? Did you notice any gains?

HoNdaGrl03
07-11-2002, 03:05 PM
Hehe, no problem man. It's cool. well actually the CAI was already installed when I bought the car, but it's definately got more boost with it. My friends got a 93 accord and, yes i know they are different, but with this on mine, there is a big difference between them. But as far as with or without it, I don't know , I only test drove a few without them , but you can't rev it with the guy in the backseat! lol . Great sound though, interstate driving is great! ;)

~Jennah

Add your comment to this topic!