Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 cvpi issue

fbi-interceptor
03-30-2006, 02:23 PM
hello, and may i say thank you very much for the help. well i bought my car 1 year ago, right aoung may 5th 2005. i soon discovered i had a shudder in the tranny around 30 mph. well i went and had a tranny tuneup, fluid change and filter. no more shudder. that fixed that problem. at the same time i had my rear end 90 weight changed, fyi. then i started haveing a problem with cold starts. i did some research and found out about this maf sensor thing. so i had it cleaned with carb cleaner.. wow did it make such a difference. it felt like a new car, better reaction. but now here is the newset problem. im getting a hesitation, it does it usually with light exceleration under a light load. its kind of a jerking sensation. well i just bought some motorcraft plugs for her and was wondering what kind of wires u suggest? this will be the first thing i will try. then i am going to clean the maf sensor again. i almost forgot i did put on a new fuel filter also. and i change the oil every 2500 miles. with the air filter getting changed every other. the only other things i think it might be is an egr or maybe even cats clogged. but i dont know much about them, so i just dont know.. im loseing my brain but i hope u can help bro. lloyd ps its a 93 cvpi

TerminalVelocity
03-30-2006, 08:11 PM
motorcraft. They should work great, you dont need anything fancy because the motor isnt all hoped up enough to warrent upgraded wires.

fbi-interceptor
04-08-2006, 08:19 PM
well i changed the plugs (motorcraft) then i changed the wires (autolite) and cleaned the maf sensor. anyway my problem was fixed! one of the wires looked pretty bad, so im thinking that it was working, just not all the time under load which gave me the stuttering. now i hope my mpg goes up even a little. before the change i was getting about 16-17 mpg, i will see what the verdict is here shortly.

Add your comment to this topic!