Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

lowering GSR need some feedback

HellsDRifteR
03-30-2006, 01:12 PM
I have a 96' Integra GSR and i have been dying to eliminate my big ass wheel gap. I have been searching for the cheapest way to get her dropped without it being shitty and unreliable. I stumbled across this shock/spring combo on ebay that seems pretty legit. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-DropZone-Racing-Struts-Shocks-Springs-94-01-Integra_W0QQitemZ8040091265QQcategoryZ33586QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem I know very little about suspension so any help on this setup would be great. let me know if u think its a P.O.S. and if soo another suspension setup suggestion would be great. thanks o yea btw im not gonna be takin my ride to the track or anything so it would be for daily driving

BullShifter
04-03-2006, 12:15 AM
Stay away from DropZone. check out www.modacar.com for a quality selection.

eurobeaner
04-04-2006, 09:05 PM
actually, the dropzone shocks are good!... for a day!.. they blow out in like a month and dont have a good warranty... save up another month or two and get kyb agx's, $300..(struts) and h&r SPORT springs($150), that will make a very comfy daily driver set up... i know from experience.... oh and if your feeling frisky and want to take it to a track, you can change the settings from 1(stockish) to 4(stiff)... love that, i ride with mine on 2... stiff, but soft :)

HellsDRifteR
04-08-2006, 03:41 PM
thanks for the feedback but i was hoping these struts would be better since it says they have a lifetime warranty but thats probally a bunch of crap

BullShifter
04-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Any thing that has a lifetime warranty is usually junk, there are exceptions. Take "lifetime" brake pads for instance, they are complete junk. There is no way a friction device can last forever.

SilverY2KCivic
04-10-2006, 02:09 AM
Look into Omni Power coilovers. Their basic kit is about $650, maybe cheaper on Ebay. It's a true full coilover system, and far from crap. Also the benifit of a matched shock/spring combo which you can't beat. otherwise for a cheap basic setup get some Tein, Eibach, Newspeed Sport or H&R springs with some Tokico Blue shocks. Should run you about $400 or so for that setup.

Add your comment to this topic!