Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help!! I think my car has an alarm, but I have no way to disable it!!

tenguzero
07-09-2002, 11:01 PM
Alright, So I spent 6 HOURS today trying to install indiglo's in my car. Unfortunately, they didn't fit very well inside my gauge cluster, even though they are designed for my model year! Anyways, after 6 hours and enough cursing to offend a sailor, I had put my interior back together (5th gen accords are NOT the friendliest cars to try and install Indiglo's in) and upon hooking my negative cable back up to the battery, I heard a quick bwupp! (my best imitation of a car alarm noise) 30 seconds later, I open my car door, AND THE ALARM GOES OFF!! The problem is, I have NO WAY of deactivating it!! I didn't even know I had one! Apparently I must have reset the factory alarm when I reconnected the battery. I wasn't given any sort of remote for the alarm (obviously the place where I got it didn't know it had one) and I can't seem to find a fuse to pull to disarm it. So does this mean I'm now going to have to go to the dealership and fork over a hundred or so dollars for a new set of remotes?

tenguzero
07-10-2002, 02:49 PM
Alright I figured it out. The alarm can be disarmed by turning my key to the on position. I called my Honda service center and they said that it sounded like it was an aftermarket alarm system (apparently Honda's OEM alarms use the horn) where as mine does that alternating sounds thing. So, I'm apparently going to have to take it to a car audio/alarm place and they'll figure out what kind of alarm is installed, and if they can get a remote for it. I hope I can return those gauges. Wish me luck...

HONDA_99
07-10-2002, 04:14 PM
Good luck.

Add your comment to this topic!