Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

EGR valves

PA Prelude
03-30-2006, 12:24 AM
Hey, my check engine light came on, took it to the dealer and they tell me that my EGR valve needs replaced or eventually the car will crap itself. I have a 98 prelude with an H22A4 with 112k miles. Is this a normal problem? they want $450 to replace the part and install it. let me know what you guys think, not sure what to do.

Smoghog
03-31-2006, 10:00 AM
Hey, my check engine light came on, took it to the dealer and they tell me that my EGR valve needs replaced or eventually the car will crap itself. I have a 98 prelude with an H22A4 with 112k miles. Is this a normal problem? they want $450 to replace the part and install it. let me know what you guys think, not sure what to do.

Well guess what... It is pretty normal. I would get another est. seem a little high. But, that is the dealer.

First you need to make sure it is the (1)EGR valve itself, or the (2)position sensor, or the (3)vacuum solenoid or just the (4)EGR passageways are plugged.

Could be just one or more??? This is so you know a little about the EGR so you don't get taken to the cleaners.

das2123
04-04-2006, 07:58 PM
they want $450 to replace the part and install it. let me know what you guys think, not sure what to do.I don't own a civic, but damn $450 for an EGR valve and solenoid replacement???My neon's EGR costs $95 from the dealer and took about 20 minutes for me to install.

Add your comment to this topic!