Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help! Mystery 206 Problem No One Can Solve!

bart dude
03-28-2006, 10:50 AM
I've hear of many horror stories about the peugeot 206's engine problems. I have my fair share of headaches, the last one being THE cold start problem that the Peugeot Service Centre in my country can't do a damn thing about it.

Now, another mystery problem has surfaced. And as I've expected, the service centre folks are AGAIN clueless as to what may be the cause. Appreciate any help I can get here!

Problem: Car experiences a LOUD BANG and sudden MASSIVE JERK, as though the car hit something on the road. Usually happens within 5-10min of moving off in the morning, at average speed of 70km/hr.

Service Centre, upon suspecting that it is a auto transmission problem and reinstalled some software for the car. The same problem happens again a few days after that.

Now, the same problem would surface once a week AT LEAST.

And since the Service Centre can't detect what's wrong, I can only let it happen every now and then TILL THE PROBLEM TURNS SERIOUS. Only then will I be able to PERHAPS find out what's wrong.

Is anyone able to throw some light on this problem?

I'm really desperate and will appreciate any form of feedback.

Thanks!!!

M3RAN
05-18-2006, 05:47 PM
the horror stories are never ending with regards to the infamous "cut out problem"

to tell you the truth within the UK no solution has been found about his problem...

it was even taken up with national television watchdog who hounds companies that take advantage of consumers but nothing was achieved..

its a case of the big international company and the small reach of consumers hand in sorting this mess

DILSHAN BOTEJU
05-22-2006, 12:35 AM
Hi,

This is no doubt a typical Auto gear-box problem common in 406 & 206 fitted with the 4L gear box. Manufacturer recomments a few maintainence tips to try to overcome this problem.

1) change the gearbox preassure sensors. There are two preassure sensors which need to be replaced.

2) Complete oil change.

If both the above does not sort the problem out, replacing the valve body is what the manufacturer then recommends.

Hope this will give you an insight into what options maybe available. This should only be done in consultation with the local dealer.

Thank You

Add your comment to this topic!