Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 Del Sol Rear Speaker Installation

kervin223
03-26-2006, 09:30 PM
I have a 93 Del Sol and i had no back speakers before.. i bought some new speakers but i dont know which panel and how to pop it off.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

b16adelsol
03-27-2006, 12:05 AM
You need to take the center piece off first... open up the thing that holds ur drinks.. you should see a screw holding it.. you need to unscrew that, then on the outside part there are 4 more screws holding it, unscrew those and then pull the center piece that holds ur drinks towards the back...then when you take that off behind the seats theres some screws that holds the buttom pannel... unscrew those, also the ones inside the little doors.. and the pull down... then the upper piece your gonna have to pull some how so that its comes off.. and then you get to ur speaker panels there are some more screws somewhere... i forgot where but yeah when you start puting them back together, your gonna have to use some force to put them back.. its going to be kind of difficult.. but you should be able to do it... sorry if i didnt explain it that well.. good luck!

kervin223
03-27-2006, 12:43 AM
thanks! ill give it a try

b16adelsol
03-27-2006, 01:05 AM
you welcome! also i forgot to mention when you have all the screws off from the center piece that holds your drinks pull it up alittle bit and then pull backwards...:wink:

Mattiosmaximos
03-28-2006, 10:50 AM
I just did the same thing to run amp wires to the trunk, The back panel with the storage units can be a pain to get back in by yourself see if you can get a friend to help you. Also watch the walls, I scraped the interior trying to get the thing out.

kervin223
03-28-2006, 10:15 PM
thanks guys! i finally got the speaker in =)

Add your comment to this topic!