Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 Accord, No Parking, Dash, or Tail Lights...HELP!

sethacoonrod
03-26-2006, 09:27 PM
Ok, I've posted on this but could not find my old post and now have more information toward the situation. On my 1997 Accord my Gauge Lights, Tail Lights, and Parking Lights do not work. I have established a few things regarding this situation yet have not come to a conclusion
1. All of these lights are on the same circuit
2. All Bulbs checked out as ok.
3. All fuses checked out ok...except dimmer relay.
So here is where I am at. I know that they are on the same circuit, I don't know what fuse controls these lights except possibly the lighting relay or dimmer relay. I know the lighting relay works because when I pull it my headlights go out. Would it be my dimmer relay and if so is there some way to test if it works properly...if not...what else could it be. I read something about a multiplexer or BCM on the fuse box but I do need help. Can't drive it legally without fixing these things.:banghead:

petecooke
06-03-2006, 07:35 PM
I am having the exact same problem. Did you ever get this resolved? I saw another post that said it could be the tail light fuse but I can find a tail light fuse on my 96 accord. Thanks for any help. -pete

nitebeest
06-04-2006, 02:38 AM
Does the horn work? If not it's probably the fuse. It's one of the under the hood fuses. Give it a shot.

Igovert500
06-04-2006, 05:11 AM
fuse or the light switch

petecooke
06-05-2006, 10:28 AM
The horn works. I also hooked up a trailer hitch and tapped into the rear lights. I read something on another forum that this could be an issue. Everything has been working fine for the past year since I hooked up the trailer hitch lights so I'm not sure if this could be the problem.

Is there a way to test the "light switch"? I have 180k miles on the car so I guess this could wear out.

Thanks. -pete

Add your comment to this topic!