Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

please help me!!!!

fbi-interceptor
03-26-2006, 06:45 PM
well im very upset about this new problem. ok here goes.. im getting a hesitation between gears. its like a shudder or stutter, it mostly happens when trying to downshift, it almost doesnt know when and hesitates. but its only with very light exceleration. 4-3 and 3-2. when i first got the car 1 year ago it had a pretty bad shudder right around 30 miles per hour. i then got a transmission tuneup.. with new fluid and filter.. problem was fixed.. now im just trying to figure out if it is a problem with a plug or the engine. or if its the tranny. and if its the tranny what will it need to be fixed.. its a 1993 cvpi. what is the best way to figure out what the problem is? i really hope this problem is familiar with someone out there. all reply will be appreciated.

fbi-interceptor
03-27-2006, 07:27 PM
well today i bought some new plugs. i got the motorcraft ones. they were about 2.49 a piece. while there i had the tech run a check on my batterry and alt. he found that my alt wasnt pulling the right amps. so its bad. could this cause this above problem. going up a grade with light exceleration seems to cause this studdering problem. i am going to change the plugs clean the maf sensor and replace the alt. is there any other suggestions?

amo4387622
03-27-2006, 09:54 PM
No the Alt would not cause that kind of problem. I would also think about changing the fuel filter. Also check the TPS sensor to make sure it is in the right range at idle and at WOT.

fredjacksonsan
03-29-2006, 11:47 AM
It's your fluid. You had it changed and it fixed the problems, so now the new fluid has mixed with the old in your trans. If you drop the pan again, change the filter and refill, it should take care of it.

I know a guy that had similar problems, they came back a total of 3 times; once he put in that 4th fluid change his trans was good for 150K.

fbi-interceptor
03-29-2006, 02:50 PM
ok well i will try to change the fluid again and i will see what happens, i will let yins know what the verdict is.

way2old
03-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Remove the little rubber plug in the bell housing and turn the notor over by hand until you see a small plug. Remove the plug and there will be about 8 morwe quarts of old ditry fluid come out. Replace the plug when it stopps running out. Fill trans with fluid. Use about 6 quarts, start and run it through the gears, add 2 more and do same thing until full.

way2old
03-29-2006, 05:54 PM
Remove the little rubber plug in the bell housing and turn the motor over by hand until you see a small plug. Remove the plug and there will be about 8 more quarts of old ditry fluid come out. Replace the plug when it stops running out. Fill trans with fluid. Use about 6 quarts, start and run it through the gears, add 2 more and do same thing until full.

BiggerJon
03-29-2006, 10:05 PM
still change your plugs and wires, your car will thank you for it.

Add your comment to this topic!