Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Honda City Turbo need new engine

CityTurbo
03-26-2006, 01:06 AM
Hi, i have one old city turbo which in dying need for new powerplant
All suggestion and advice are most welcome.

cvcc_wagon
03-26-2006, 02:10 PM
you'll have to find an old ER (i think) motor. the city turbo motor is unique in that it is a 1.2l CVCC with a counterflow head. none of the other honda motors have that configuration. the old first gen 1.2l motors were non-CVCC and crossflow. the only other motor that i can think of that MIGHT bolt to the turbo system is the USDM second Gen 1.3l since it also has a CVCC head with a counterflow configuration but since the city turbo was only available in JDM and AUS markets i can only assume you are overseas somewhere and finding a USDM 1.3l would probably be pretty difficult (the AUS and CDM market second Gen 1.3l is similar to the first gen 1.2l and will not work either)

CityTurbo
03-26-2006, 10:14 PM
is there any option of using newer honda engine with newer tranny, coz im afraid it very difficult to find ER engine

cvcc_wagon
03-26-2006, 10:47 PM
i'm afraid not, the honda city was the last of the honda's to use the old style engine mounts. any first or second gen tranny will mount with little or no modification.

lxndr
03-26-2006, 11:50 PM
Forgive my ignorance...

What's a city turbo?

cvcc_wagon
03-27-2006, 10:45 PM
here's the basics. (http://asia.vtec.net/beystock/project/cityt.html)

and the cliff notes

take ugly car with small motor, turbocharge it at a stock setting of 16psi. develope a five point fuel injection system years ahead of it's time in order to take advantage of the unique characteristics of the CVCC system which prevents pre-detonation under boost. all that and you get the first mugen honda.

Add your comment to this topic!