Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

PLEASE HELP with wiring issues92-94

mimmie
03-25-2006, 06:52 PM
I have dropped a 94 vic motor and transmission into a 92 vic. I removed the wiring harness from my 94 and started hooking it all up. The problem that I am running into is that the 92 doesnt have all the hooks that the 94 has. Where can I find wiring diagrams for a 92 and a 94 crown vic?

KimMG
03-25-2006, 09:19 PM
library
repair manual
autozone.com

ModMech
03-26-2006, 10:15 AM
This will not work unless you are willing to do some MAJOR rewiring, and you can get the engine computer (PCM) from the doner vehicle.

In early 1992 cars, Ford used the mechanically controlled "AOD" transmission, then beginning in about March of 1992, they switched to a completely electronically controlled version (AODE). The computer and wiring from your 1992 car is most likely for the early version, and there is NO WAY to get that wiring to work with the new engine/transmission with the electronic engine controls.

Now, you might ask "Why don't I just swap transmissions?". My guess is that you have already figured out that it is impossible due to the different bolt patterns between the two transmissions, and that is why you purchased the engine/trans togather.

I understand that if you have, or can get, the COMPLETE engine/transmission wiring harness with computer from the doner car you can transplant that wiring relatively easily into your early 1992 car (and remove the old wiring).

There is at least one person at www.crownvic.net that has done this, and another that has installed a '99 engine/trans/computer into a 1994 car (another major wiring change), and as I recall neither were "hard" jobs, but took time and care.

Add your comment to this topic!