Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1990 Park Avenue Heating Problem

59buickguy
03-25-2006, 09:42 AM
I just bought a very nice 90 Park Avenue. The problem that I am having is that I noticed last night that I was not getting any heat from the blower when I turned it on even though I raised the thermostat all the way to 90 degrees. The control on the dash seems to be working correctly. Any ideas as to what may be causing this problem?

mrfix
04-28-2006, 08:31 AM
There are several factors involved in heaters working. Coolant temperature and flow, fan operation, vacuum controls for air temp mixing damper, etc. There is also the electronic module that controls heater operation. Assuming the engine coolant is reaching the correct temperature and is flowing through the heater coil, and the blower is blowing properly, your problem might be in whether or not the damper doors in the ductwork are operating properly.

Hope this helps.

jiveabillion
05-02-2006, 12:36 AM
You should really check and see if the heater core hasn't been bypassed. I've had to do that in a couple cars when money was tight and they busted due to water freezing and expanding inside them in cold weather. If it's been bypassed, you will probably need to replace it.

Add your comment to this topic!