Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Put my 19mm Sway bar on

NOBU-SAN
03-23-2006, 06:31 PM
I bought a ST 19mm rear bar, and it is sick. It took away almost all of the understeer. I say almost because I havn't had a chance to really push it yet. Wow, what a difference. I'm getting the ASR subframe brace next, to keep from damaging my subframe. I highly recommend the bar, and I'll keep yall posted on the next things to change.

SilverY2KCivic
03-26-2006, 01:55 AM
Just be careful when pushing it. Snap oversteer is FAR worse than bad understeer, especially since it happenes completely unexpected.

NOBU-SAN
03-28-2006, 09:50 AM
But it seems soooooo fun. I think I'm going to put real hard tires on the rear like a hybrid civic has. Then That will be a show. JK , It seems to have areally good balance to it really. I havn't been able to get the rear to come around that hard. I push it pretty hard around some of the tight spots, like u-turns, and exit ramps. I can feel it slide, but it doesn't seem to misbehave really.

NOBU-SAN
03-28-2006, 09:50 AM
But it seems soooooo fun. I think I'm going to put real hard tires on the rear like a hybrid civic has. Then That will be a show. JK , It seems to have areally good balance to it really. I havn't been able to get the rear to come around that hard. I push it pretty hard around some of the tight spots, like u-turns, and exit ramps. I can feel it slide, but it doesn't seem to misbehave really.

SilverY2KCivic
03-29-2006, 01:08 AM
In all honesty, it feels like it slides A LOT more than it really does. I confirmed that with video a friend shot of me doing a lap around one of the local roadracing tracks (Buttonwillow Raceway).

NOBU-SAN
03-29-2006, 06:26 PM
I figured as much. Even when you can feel it slide, it's only so far. I mean, it's not like a 1st gen S2000! I've driven cars with way more oversteer than that. It has to be because it's fwd. I can't imagine being able to really swap ends in it or anything like that. It just seems like it handles like it's supposed to, that's all. Quite natural, really.

Greenblurr93
03-29-2006, 06:38 PM
awsome. how are you protecting your car from sub-frame tear-out? or is 19mm still ok?

NOBU-SAN
03-30-2006, 02:03 PM
No, I still worry about it. I'll be getting the ASR brace soon. In the meantime, I'm staying away from bad angles and what not. Trying to keep it as placid as possible. It'll be okay soon.

Greenblurr93
03-30-2006, 06:08 PM
so the subframe braces will help eliminate that? (im curious because i too will be getting my car ready for Autocross)

SilverY2KCivic
03-30-2006, 09:32 PM
so the subframe braces will help eliminate that? (im curious because i too will be getting my car ready for Autocross)

Yup it certainly will! :cool:

Greenblurr93
03-31-2006, 11:25 AM
awsome, thanks for the info guys!

Add your comment to this topic!