Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Countach w/ Factory Fuel Injection ????????

GIJOE
07-07-2002, 10:45 PM
I am looking to buy a 85' LP 5000s.
It has factory fuel injection and I can't find any info as why it does.
It shows as the LAST one made before the QV came out.

Also, with 10,500 miles on it and having the engine recently rebuilt by Milano Imports what do you all feel the approximate value would be ???
What would be a reasonable amount to pay.

Thanks again all,

Joe

gemballa
07-07-2002, 10:56 PM
95?
it should be 85! if its 95 its a replica!
about the injection???????i rather carburators!
if the engine has been rebuilt it must run good!
about the price!!!
i need to see the car to look in what condition is the paint and the upholstery!
if its good maybe $80.000?!

GIJOE
07-07-2002, 11:22 PM
I did make a mistake, it is a 85 not a 95.

It does not have carbs though.
I am curious if they let the last couple go out with the FI they were putting on the QV's ??

lambocars
07-08-2002, 02:20 AM
Hello,

the fuel injection mounted on the LP5000 S is NOT the same as the one used for the QV and 25th Anniv. models, mainly because the engine displacement is different by about 200cc if I'm not mistaking and the qv's original engine used downdraft instead of the LP5000 S sidedraft carb's.

Note that the early LP400 S and LP5000 S for the US market received fuel injection kits from the US importer, later on the factory mounted them directly in Italy, so my best guess would be that this 85 model has a factory fitted injection system.
Also since you stated Al Burtino worked on the engine, I would say it is probably in perfect order, he is expensive according to some, but the work he deliveres is at a very high level.

Pricing for a car like this, in good shape about US $65,000 to 75,000 I would say.

Kind regards

lambocars
07-11-2002, 02:54 PM
Hello,

if you put two cars next to each other, one with fi and the other with webers, it all depends on one thing :
do you have a good mechanic that knows webers ?
Once a fuel injected car is properly set, you should have no problem anymore, there is nothing to tune or change once it's fine.
A Weber setup is very difficult to set right I've heard, but once it is perfectly aligned it should stay that way, don't start fiddling with it.

From what I've heard the weber cars had more hp than the fi ones, also the sound of the engine is different between them, the carb'ed engine produces some kind of howling noise from the air that's sucked into them.

Note this is all from hear say, I would go for a carb car anytime, mainly because this is the way the engine was originally built, but that's my personal opinion, I know people with a fuel injected Countach that are extremely happy with it.

Kind regards

Add your comment to this topic!