Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dome Light Help Plz

gpdxtrm
03-21-2006, 07:17 PM
My dome light hasnt worked since I bought my 93 camry. I first tried changing the bulb. No go. Then I checked the fuse, it was fine, but I changed it anyways. No go. Then I checked, and there was no power coming in the line. I need to know what my next step would be? I would like to avoid taking down the ceiling, but if that is necessary, I need some instruction on that. Any help appreciated, Thanks.

RIP
03-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Possibilities: broken wire at the back of the light assembly, integration relay, broken wire at the junction block. Download the manual listed at the beginning of the forum.

Daniel M. Dreifus
03-28-2006, 04:25 PM
My dome light hasnt worked since I bought my 93 camry. I first tried changing the bulb. No go. Then I checked the fuse, it was fine, but I changed it anyways. No go. Then I checked, and there was no power coming in the line. I need to know what my next step would be? I would like to avoid taking down the ceiling, but if that is necessary, I need some instruction on that. Any help appreciated, Thanks.
============
Usual setting for the dome light is to go on when a door opens.
Did you check the pin switches in the door jamb?
I've had to dissasemble and clean mine a couple of times, then the light works again. They look clean, but I used some WD-40 on the contacts and that seemed to solve it. They're held in with a 10 mm bolt.
Does the light come on when manually using the switch right next to it?

Add your comment to this topic!