Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Best tunning box.

Pavlo
03-20-2006, 10:47 PM
I am wondering what is the best piggyback to tune a turbocharged (previously N/A) car with larger injectors. This is for E30 BMW, not for me.
I know many people use SMT6, what else is out there for the euro-mobiles?
Also it has to be able to accept MAF, instead of the stock AFM. I know SMT can do this, but is there anything better? Better price, more features for the money?

I am asking because I am getting rid of the civic and buying a 325 E30, which I am planning on using as a daily driver at psi below 14. And AFM is too restrictive.

Spank you in advance.

Pavlo
03-25-2006, 11:55 PM
Nobody has an opinion on this? These forums are dead.

beyondloadedSE
03-26-2006, 09:36 AM
Nobody has an opinion on this? These forums are dead.

if your looking for model specific answers, your best bet was to post this on a bmw enthusiast website. http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Pavlo
03-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Yes I relized that. Where did all the people go lately? There used to be so much posting here back in the day.

jupilerman
06-08-2006, 01:48 AM
EDIT: sorry didn´t read the complete post. my answer seems to be double post.

Hi there,

check out Perfect Power´s piggy back (smt6 or smt7). Lot´s of possibilities (if you know what you´re doing).
Far better than sfac (or whatever it´s called)

www.perfectpower.com

Also check Split Second stuff. Also very nice, but not as elaborate as smt7

http://www.splitsec.com/

cheers
jup

UncleBob
06-11-2006, 03:18 AM
not very helpful, but there's always megasquirt. Stand alone or piggy back....but its definitely not plug and play

someday my friend will get around to turbo'ing his 6 series, this was our plan. That someday will be a ways off from the looks of it though.

Igovert500
06-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Really depends on how big the larger injectors are. Some piggybacks only control air/fuel ratios, but if the injectors are too big, you can run into timing issues, in which case something like the safc would be inadequate. Greddy e-manage is a pretty good one that can also control timing.

Just realized how old this thread is. Closed.

Add your comment to this topic!