1969 Charger r/t

Importboom
03-20-2006, 11:27 PM
hey, I've been on this site for awhile never in this section though, but me and my pops are looking into buying a 1969 charger r/t and I guess I was just gonna see if anyone on here can tell me a little big about it, i've read up a little bit online and what not but I always think it's better to get personal opinions. thanks

Stevo2
03-21-2006, 05:09 AM
hey, I've been on this site for awhile never in this section though, but me and my pops are looking into buying a 1969 charger r/t and I guess I was just gonna see if anyone on here can tell me a little big about it, i've read up a little bit online and what not but I always think it's better to get personal opinions. thanks

I owned one and it was awesome. 440 Magnum, A/C, P/S, P/B,727 Tranny. Did 135MPH on the Freeway! Get it and have some fun! Also try the www.moparts.com forum, there are alot of cars and nuts on that site!

phantomcobra
03-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Whether you like the car will mainly depend on your age. Lots of younger people who aren't used to the handling of the old cars are not happy. The older cars are more "straight ahead" cars. They don't take curves and corners like cars of today. Parts for the 68 to 74 are pretty readily available but sometimes hard to find. Most manufacturers don't make parts after about 10 years so unless you find an after market place, you will be using junk yard parts which aren't always the best. The 66 and 67 are very difficult for parts but they are completely different body styles. The biggest question would be if you have the money for a 69 R/T!!

If you go to Autotrader and some other places like that, you will pay a premium price for a car. EBay is better on prices but pick something close by that you can go see. It is easy to hide defects in pictures. What one seller calls excellent may be rolling junk to you.

One last word on parts. JC Whitney and Autozone advertise they have all the parts for your classic or muscle car. They have almost nothing for any of my 4.

Add your comment to this topic!