Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 mirage wire colors

myk3
03-20-2006, 11:12 AM
the previous owner of my 97 mirage ls cut up the harness... does anyone know the wire colors so i can install my new aftermarket cd player? (the speaker wires may have been changed, but i can always trace those back to the speakers... i basically just need to know the power, and ignition(?) wires....) thanks :D im kinda new to this :D

twisted_intentions
03-22-2006, 04:21 PM
the previous owner of my 97 mirage ls cut up the harness... does anyone know the wire colors so i can install my new aftermarket cd player? (the speaker wires may have been changed, but i can always trace those back to the speakers... i basically just need to know the power, and ignition(?) wires....) thanks :D im kinda new to this :D

a Wire Tester Would help u out alot...

twisted_intentions
03-22-2006, 04:23 PM

a Wire Tester Would help u out alot...while the car is off put it on the wire that lights up-wire that to ur 12v main wire on radio...turn the key to acc.. check the wires again...if it lights up connect the Ign+ wire on the radio to it..Black is ur gound...And BAM..u got a workin radio....wire tester is only like 10 bux

myk3
03-22-2006, 09:39 PM
is there another name for it other than wire tester? could u post link? could i get one at home deopt or autozone mebe?

DFBonnett
03-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Do a Google on automotive circuit tester. Lots of pictures so you'll know what it looks like in the store.

myk3
03-28-2006, 11:59 PM

myk3
03-30-2006, 11:40 AM
... kinda!!!

my stereo doesn't save my settings... :banghead: could it be my 12v main and IGN wire are switched...?

when i tested with the circuit tester, niether wire had power, turned to ACC and both had power, started car and both had power...

is there mabey a third power wire?

Add your comment to this topic!