Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No reverse lights

EDOG25
03-20-2006, 06:57 AM
Help please... what could it be?? a fuse......

bjboertje
03-20-2006, 03:16 PM
have you checked/replaced the bulbs? have you checked the connections/looked for corrosion?

EDOG25
03-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Yes I checked today, the light itself works outside of the car so it's not the light or the connections. Is It linked to a certin fuse and if thats not it could it be the relay switch and where is that and how much are they???

zx2guy
03-21-2006, 08:29 PM
how'd you get them to work outside the car?... and is yours a stick or auto... on some cars that are autos the switch that connects in reverse can get "nudged" to one side... so if you throw it(not literally throw) into reverse from park, or neutral to reverse (repeativly) the contacts line back up. ive gotten some cars to go back to normal... others i had to keep looking for other things. it could also be a broken wire. ive had several chevy's do that. you get power some of the time... but once you hit a bump they flicker and are out... then the next bump they are back. thats possible too.

those are some ideas but some people here might think different.

EDOG25
04-02-2006, 11:53 AM
It ether a senser or a broken wire. Its a standerd trans. I want to know what senser to replace.

Add your comment to this topic!