Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need Advice!!! ANyone bought the car version of the Suzuki Aerio??

Ourdance801
07-06-2002, 10:24 AM
I have read all the posts

Florida_AerioSX
08-09-2002, 07:27 PM
Well I have the SX model- but most things are going to be the same no matter what model you buy. As for resale value- I think on average Japanese cars do a fairly good job of holding their value- a lot of things effect this- if these cars become as popular as I think then their value should stay up. They are a great deal- if you look around you won't find another car with this many options for the price. As for reliability I think most people would agree that Japanese cars do more than hold their own when it comes to going the extra mile. I've had a couple of Geo Metro's that were made by Suzuki and they both were a great car- very cheap transportation that got SUPER gas mileage (something the Aerio w/ Auto doesn't seem to get). Really after 5,000 miles the gas mileage is the only complaint I have.

nikkow
08-29-2002, 08:16 AM
It's a really really nice car, all my life i have trusted in Honda and just recently traded my 95 civic si for my new suzuki aerio (silver), overall my Aerio rox don't get me wrong i still own a 91 civic si h/b but for the price out there and features on the car it's a bargain and a half. I would recommend it to anyone i currently have the silver dealer package decal on the dash and silver pedal kit with silver shift knob and i just ordered my intake i can't wait for my warranty to expire :P. Good luck in your decision and to all Aerio owners keep it real :).

BTW i have raced it already i have beaten 1 99 honda si, 2 honda civic dx and my latest race against my buddies acura rsx (which i lost by about 3 cars) even though i had him 1st, and end of 2nd around 3rd he pulled me :).

Hudson
08-29-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Ourdance801
Please help!! I need some advice. I have read all the posts on the Suzuki Aerio Fastback, but has anyone bought the car version?? I think its just called the Aerio S or GS, not sure though. I am thinking of buying one of these but can not find any type of information on them. Do they retain their value well? Do they break down alot? Are they worth the money? (Between $14,000-$15,000) Are Japanese cars better than American cars? I test drove one and it drove great. Only 4 cylinders but it had alot of pep. Basically I just want any kind of input, good or bad. Thanks alot!! My direct email is Ourdance801@aol.com if anyone is interested.

I'm guessing you're calling the sedan "the car version" of the Aerio, even though the Aerio and the Aerio SX are both cars. They're the same car except that the SX is classified (by EPA) as a station wagon.

Aerio's haven't been on the market long enough to get an idea of resale value, but Suzukis, sadly, have poor resale value compared to other Japanese cars. I have owned a Suzuki for over a decade and have never had a major problem with it.

Suzuki might improve their resale value with their current long warranty.

tydog8
10-09-2003, 04:55 PM
Aerios are good cars. Couple small probs that alot of them have you get covered under warraty right away then its all ok. couple small things like brake noise and clunking.

Great car.

True about the resale thing. They do suck.

Hate to say it but japanese cars are alot better than most american cars. Especially the big 3 cars. They all suck IMO.

Add your comment to this topic!