Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Renaissance Kit question

Vric
07-06-2002, 09:35 AM
I just saw this on ebay, i would like to know how you make those doors open ? They give you them, but you need to cut the body ? is that hard ? I don't want to scrap a 30$ Tamiya model.

http://www.raccoon-auto.com/minicar/bigscale/renaissancebg/tk2435.htm

thanks

XenoKryst
07-06-2002, 10:04 AM
it's hard, but thats how its done. You need careful hands and precision exacto-knifing to slice the doors out. Dont want to scratch the body up do you?:p Otherwise you'd have trouble with putty!

Patience, you go over the door panels lightly with the knife, and keep going around while adding pressure each time. It should come off sooner or later, but let me warn you! Its EXTREMELY frustrating to hold the body and not damage it while still being able to add that extra pressure to the knife!:p

flyonthewall
07-06-2002, 12:14 PM
With those transkits i think the idea is to remove the door by whatever means is necessary. What i mean is u dont have to worry about removing the door intact, else why would they supply a resin one to replace it? So in this case u can just remove the majority of plastic with a dremel then work up to the door frame by by slicing away with a knife.

Having said that i would try to remove it intact and use it instead of the resin one coz there is a damn good chance that thin bit will snap!

Add your comment to this topic!