Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Speakers

Fierc3 Kid
03-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Okay, so I have this problem. I recently purchased 2 pioneer 4 inch speakers to replace my front blown stock ones. They worked okay for the first couple days, except for the fact that they seemed to have a lot of static. A few days later, my bass gives out. I have the stock radio, and there is a little button that slides up and down for bass. Up, down, middle, I wasn’t getting any bass anywhere. After that, my right speaker gives out. So I try to take it out to find the problem, and as soon as I loosened the 2 screws that held it in place, it was working again. I checked the wires going to it, and they weren’t smashed up or anything. My friend told me that it might be a bad ground wire. I know nothing about electrical stuff. Any ideas of what might be causing all this?

mcrosby
03-20-2006, 05:54 AM
It isn't a bad ground at the speakers unless you are not using two wires from the amp to the speakers. Speakers don't require a ground. One wire is positive and one wire is negative. Audio signal to speakers is a combination of positive and negative signals also known as analog. The most probable cause of the problem is a bad connection at the speaker plug. If that isn't it then you have a defective speaker, a wire is bad in the voice coil or the flexible wire to the cone that feeds the voice coil. To test that, swap the left speaker with the right and see if the problem moves with the suspect speaker. If the problem does not move, you have bad wiring or a bad amp.

Add your comment to this topic!