Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

which sway bar

dopenoze
03-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Im lookin at different sway bar for my teg but i cant decide on which to buy. I wanted one that was adjsutable but i cant seem to find one for my teg. I tried suspension techniques, comptech, skunk 2, and dc but i couldnt find one. Does anyone know where i could find an adjustable rear sway bar and if there isn't one then which sway bar would you recommend i get? Im leaning toward the one made by comptech but i kinda wanted some input from people who already have one. thanx

NOBU-SAN
03-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that defeats the idea of a sway bar. I think that adjustable is synonymous with not very good. That's why big companies tend not to offer them. Why do you want an adjustable one anyways?

BullShifter
03-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Race cars have adjustable swaybars. With my ST rear sway there is a huge difference from the softest setting to the stiffest. When adjusting the sway bar you are basically shortening the endlinks which means less body roll. Not sure who makes one for your car.
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=3052/35564ST_rear_sway.JPG

dopenoze
03-21-2006, 08:28 AM
my friend has one on his m3 and he said that he likes the adjustability b/c he was able to play around with it and get it to the perfect setting for his car. He had a nonadjustable one but he said he liked the adjsutable one better. I was jw what other people had to say about it but since i cant find one tahts adjustable anyway i guess it doesnt really matter. im just gonna go with the comptech one.

Add your comment to this topic!