Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Starting Problems

ronhow
03-17-2006, 01:06 PM
I have a 93 Cavalier Z24 3.1 engine that is driving me crazy. Some times this thing will start right up and the next time it will crank but wont start. I have took notice that sometimes the dash lights don't come on when the key is in the on position. And that is when it generally won't start. Sometimes I can be driving down the road and it will just stop like the key was shut off. It will start back up after tuning the on and off repeatedly. I also notice that when the car won't start , not only will the dash lights not come on, you do not hear the fuel pump kick on. Everything else works in the on position, like radio,heater, headlights, blinkers etc. Now this may sound crazy but the other day I was fooling around with it and got it started and turned on the blinker and it just died. Maybe it just decided to quit running at that time, Ii don't know for sure. At this time it will not start at all. Cannot get the dash lights to come on at all. But it will still tund over but won't start. Any suggestions?

blitzcivic
03-23-2006, 01:11 PM
try checking the wire to the starter it could be shorting out it is a fusible link so if its bad dont replace with regular wire. use fusible link wire

Add your comment to this topic!