Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1986 B2000 good body needs enigin but cost too much.

CCorsair
03-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Ok we have a Mazda 1986 B2000 its in good shape but for the enigin the darn thing cost Like $1400 to $1800 to fix and that just something we can do as this is a truck that well list for $500 to $700 in listing i seen and well I love to fix it but I'm not one to let work on your car.. computer yes but i can only do so much in that area.

so I thinking of selling the car off AS is or storing it til i can find all the parts for some to fix it..

The enigin has a bad cam shaft tha wobbles and after a bit the enign leaks oil and we have change the seals. the other thing is that the radiato has a small leak in it now too .. the care is nikle and diming us to death but well it was free to us when we lost a car and our church was helping us out.

the body is good it has a shell on it that permently attached(the truck has Calif car plates) and passed smog after fixing vac system.. Just had to fix the starting electrical system with new Plug cables(the old ones got chewed up by a rat or someting) New car and roter and distrutor and coil as i had to trak do why the car woth not fire afte the rodent chewed up the wires(see other post i made).

that was a cost of $200 to $300 and that was not fund we could spare at the time. So shuld we find a engin in a junk yard(this where the last person who owned this car did) or should a sell it and when should I post it to sell?

We live in Sacramento/Elk grove Cailf area
and if you want to see a picture of the truck I'll take some and send to who ever want to see them.

thank for letting vent on this..

CC

Add your comment to this topic!