Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Engine Swap Help

SupraTuner12010
03-16-2006, 09:06 PM
I have goten a 92 Honda Accord 2 Door (notice I said 2 door) Ive ben told that the 2 door is rair,but the car has no engine but I can get a b20a5 from a prelude from my brother or I will buy another engine, but I cant seem to find any motor mounts for the 92 accord and I need an engine to put in there but I dont want to put the stock SOHC engine in there.So if any one can lead me to a site with motor mounts or another engine(DOHC) that will just drop in. I would greatly apriciate it.Thank's for any help!!! Peace!!!

pimprolla112
03-16-2006, 11:16 PM
First off yeah its not that rare of a car, not as common as the 4 door model but its not extremely rare. You can put any 90-95 accord motor and any 92-95 prelude. Only reason i stop at 95 is becuase any car after 96 has a different wiring setup OBDII vs OBDI, can be done but its easier to find one fom the same style. Any f series, f22, f23,f20a/b vtec non vtec just look up what you need to get the vtec hooked up, any h-series h22, h23 h22 is a power beast most common done motor swap in an accord. Ebay is a good place to look junk yards, online JDM shops. Look around this should get you started, the B20 isnt a bad motor its just that the aftermarket isnt that big the aftermarket is huge for the F and H series motors. You can also use the fseries mounts from later model accords and preludes and the h series ludes. JUnk yard and ebay once again.

BNR34_V-SpecII
03-23-2006, 01:33 AM
yes, try www.ebay.com ... they do have motor mounts ... just need to spend some times to search through the listings.

good luck

BNR34_V-SpecII
03-23-2006, 01:42 AM
yes, try www.ebay.com ... they do have motor mounts ... just need to spend some times to search through the listings.

good luck

Add your comment to this topic!