Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Strange noises in 94 CV

fordfan4life
03-16-2006, 08:09 PM
Got a couple of interesting noises that my CV is making...

First of all, and most importantly, when the car is cold and I accelerate, I hear a gurgling sound coming from inside the dash, behind the passenger airbag area. This only happens when I am accelerating, and goes away as soon as the car reaches normal operating temperature. I have been told in passing that I may have air in the heater coil... is this bad? If so, how do i fix it?

Second, the suspension makes a sharp, loud twang sound occasionally from the front left tire when I go over a large-ish bump. This does not happen all the time, just maybe every third or fourth bump (it's like the suspension works up pressure on every bump, and finally releases it once it gets too great). This started happening about two years ago, when I replaced the original shocks with new ones from Sears... at least I think... I don't remember it happening beforehand, but by then I had only had the car for a couple of weeks, and knew next to nothing about it. It has been getting worse in the past six months, though, with the twangs happening more frequently. I am not sure it is really anything I need to worry about, but I thought I'd just ask the pros to make sure.

You guys have been really helpful to me in the past, and I really appreciate it... finally got that stupid check engine light to go out (egr channels clogged). If I could just get these last few problems worked out, I would have a trouble free car!

Add your comment to this topic!