95 Town Car, No Start, No spark

tobyb02
03-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Hey,

I have a 95 Lincoln Town Car, Turns over, but no spark.

I have...

No Check Engine Light on
Checked Relay switches
Checked pressure from Schadrer Valve (plenty of gas)
Checked ALL Fuses
Checked Emergency Fuel Shutoff (it's on)

CHECKED SPARK-- no spark

The car intermittently starts, like weird times of the day, or 2-3 days later. The car turns over fine, everything seems normal, but no spark firing. Havn't had anyone look at it as of now, but thinking possibly the brain (computer) and if so, wondering where this is located. Any help would be appreciated and have some time to fix the problem.

Thanks in advance.

tobyb02@yahoo.com

sreilly77
03-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Hey,

I have a 95 Lincoln Town Car, Turns over, but no spark.

I have...

No Check Engine Light on
Checked Relay switches
Checked pressure from Schadrer Valve (plenty of gas)
Checked ALL Fuses
Checked Emergency Fuel Shutoff (it's on)

CHECKED SPARK-- no spark

The car intermittently starts, like weird times of the day, or 2-3 days later. The car turns over fine, everything seems normal, but no spark firing. Havn't had anyone look at it as of now, but thinking possibly the brain (computer) and if so, wondering where this is located. Any help would be appreciated and have some time to fix the problem.

Thanks in advance.

tobyb02@yahoo.com

the computer is located on the driver side underneath where the gas and brake pedals are. it is basically buried up above the pedal and brake beneath the steering column. just crawl under there on the floor on the driver side and look straight up with a flashlight. it looks like basically a silver square box.

your problem could be a number of things. could be a bad camshaft position sensor, bad coil packs, bad plugs, or wires. i have a 95 town car myself and i had this same problem and it turned out to be one of the boots were cracked. hope this helps.

Towncar
03-16-2006, 08:28 PM
...i have a 95 town car myself...

Sure do !! Very nice looking too :)

tobyb02
03-16-2006, 10:01 PM
well the wires are ok, no engine light, thought I would have had some sort of inidcator for something like a camshaft, but other then that, coil packs? both? it had ran without a problem until lately.. Would the camshaft keep that coils from firing? Just asking questions...

Thanks..

sreilly77
03-17-2006, 11:09 AM
well the wires are ok, no engine light, thought I would have had some sort of inidcator for something like a camshaft, but other then that, coil packs? both? it had ran without a problem until lately.. Would the camshaft keep that coils from firing? Just asking questions...

Thanks..

usually what happens is over the years the coil packs crack (if they are not replaced when the car goes in for a tune up). they don't usually crack at the same time but when you replace one, you should replace the other. i know that they are very expensive but take a look. are both the coil packs not creating a spark? if so, usually what happens is the camshaft position sensor gets dirty and usually only need cleaning, or you just replace it. and yes, the camshaft position sensor would keep both coil packs from firing. that may be your problem. that is probably the best route to start since the camshaft position sensor is WAY cheaper than a coil pack(s).

sreilly77
03-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Sure do !! Very nice looking too :)

hey thanks a lot. i've put a lot of work into her tho. however the motor never wants to give up. i had a 92 crown vic with the same motor but without dual exhaust. these motors never want to quit. i love it! heres a picture of my crown vic i used to have...

http://photos-057.facebook.com/n10/2/100/9362224/n9362224_30742057_3915.jpg

most_wanted192000
03-18-2006, 01:01 AM
I have always liked crown victorias uncle has one with about 250K That car just wont die i put it through hell and it still runs excelent!! Oh and sreiily that's a nice color on that lincoln... :D it's the same color as mine

sreilly77
03-18-2006, 09:25 AM
I have always liked crown victorias uncle has one with about 250K That car just wont die i put it through hell and it still runs excelent!! Oh and sreiily that's a nice color on that lincoln... :D it's the same color as mine

hey thanks. i really do like the color of the car. however around here there are a lot of older town cars and i'm the only one that has that color car green. also, when i sold my crown victoria to my friend, it only had 84,000 miles on it. i think now he said it was like 92,000 or something but he hasn't had any problems with it. i mean yeah i see a lot of older model cars on the road, but the ones i see the most are the early to mid 90s town cars, grand marquis, and crown vics. ill tell ya, i hope ford continues to build their luxury cruisers because they never want to quit.:grinyes:

most_wanted192000
03-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Yeah i get alot of compliments on the color i know there are 2 other green ones where i live but mine is the only one that has green interior/green exterior i think these are the best vehicles ford built in the 90's

sreilly77
03-19-2006, 12:54 AM
Yeah i get alot of compliments on the color i know there are 2 other green ones where i live but mine is the only one that has green interior/green exterior i think these are the best vehicles ford built in the 90's

i definitly agree with you 100%.

tobyb02
03-19-2006, 01:18 AM
Hey Guys,

Do you have any other ideas on this problem? Will check out the coils tomorrow..

sreilly77
03-20-2006, 07:32 AM
Hey Guys,

Do you have any other ideas on this problem? Will check out the coils tomorrow..

did you check out the camshaft position sensor?

tobyb02
03-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey, can you tell me where it's located???????

I will look it up today at the local parts store if not..

Thanks in advance,

Tobyee

sreilly77
03-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Hey, can you tell me where it's located???????

I will look it up today at the local parts store if not..

Thanks in advance,

Tobyee

i THINK on the driver side of the engine look behind where the power steering pump resoivoir is. it should be right behind there in the front timing cover is the cam sensor. it will have a 2 wire connector going to it. ill double check on my engine tomorrow but i am pretty sure that is where it is.

tobyb02
03-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Appreciate the time,.... well it started today, but not from doing anything, just turned over. Like it has so many times before, will last a week or two and then shut off again. I found a plug underneath the Drivers side coil box.. 2 pin connector. Problem is, when I unplugged it, it still cranked. This about 6" to the right of the altenator, and right below the coil. Still wondering....

Add your comment to this topic!